Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wax myrtles-source

Posted by tdb8254 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 15, 11 at 14:50

Hi all I am new to the Mobile Alabama area and am looking to find a source of wax myrtles. I am trying to create a screen between myself and an unsightly barn next door. I would like to buy trees that are in 5 to 7 gallon pots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wax myrtles-source

The link provides a list of nurseries in Mobile.
HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: Nurseries in Mobile

o

May I suggest that you purchase 3 gallon plants, which should be available in any garden center or nursery in your location? Wax myrtles grow sooooo quickly that you won't be sorry you did it. It might be more difficult to find the larger sizes.

o

Good choice for screening. Be sure you have plenty of room or plan on pruning once or twice a year.They really bush out and take up alot of space.

o

I have used Dodd's Native Nursery before. Good folks and very knowledgeble about this area.

Tell them what you want to do and the type of soil you have.

They will even deliver for not much money.

o
Dodd's website

Here's their website:
http://www.doddnatives.com/

o

Thanks for the info

o

Hi, TDB, I'm another Mobile gardener. Been away from the forum for a while, but I have the gardening urge strong and now I'm back.

Glad you found this forum.

o

So, how many of us are in the Mobile area?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here