Peggy Bishop_McVay
12 years ago

If May 5th is a good date....

How about a location?

any ideas?

Comments (25)

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

We get the best attendance at Oak Mountain State Park, perhaps because of the central location.
    Susan

• catbird
    12 years ago

I vote for Oak Mountain.

• catbird
    12 years ago

We may have to send emails to some of our old regulars and get them stirred up. Who can handle the reservation at Oak Mountain?

• browneyedsusan_gw
    11 years ago

Please post here if you are interested in coming to the Spring Swap on May 5th. Right now, it seems as though only littlehelper, plantcrazy, Catbird, Madabouteu and I are thinking of attending. If there is more interest I will look into renting a pavilion.
    Susan

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

idig is going to be mother of the bride that day so she wont be able to come.... I told her she could make it to both ... she said there was no way..... oh, well, I tried.

• Apple911
    11 years ago

I would love to come to another swap at Oak Mountain. We can have a Cinco de Mayo swap!

• madabouteu
    11 years ago

Now there is an idea.... tacos instead of hamburgers and hot dogs? When I lived in New Orleans, my Significant Other's birthday was May 5, I alwas kidded her that millions of Mexicans celebrated her birthday!

• lesjets
    11 years ago

I would like to come to the plant swap.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    11 years ago

I will reserve a pavilion if that's ok with everyone.
    Susan

• Apple911
    11 years ago

Sounds great. Thank Susan. We should set out a donation jug to help you cover the expenses once we get there. What time do we want to start? I think I will have a few people coming with me. Tacos sound awesome!

• hoovergal
    11 years ago

I would like to come to the plant swap this year. I live near Oak Mountain and I am available to help set up.

• Apple911
    11 years ago

We would love to have you! This will be my second one to attend. If we can get a head count, I will make name badges for everyone with either your handle or your real name if you guys would like.

• hoovergal
    11 years ago

Thank you! I came to a swap years ago when it was held at someone's home in Bluff Park but I have been unable to attend since then. I don't have a ton of plants to share but I will have some.

• ourhighlandhome
    11 years ago

Looks like I will be attending after all. I look forward to seeing everyone and meeting the new traders. I will firm up my Exchange Page this weekend.

Nelson

• browneyedsusan_gw
    11 years ago

There was only one pavilion available on May 5th so I reserved it. It is the Bluejay pavilion by the Marina. The cost is $80.00 and we have it from 9 am to sundown-they don't do half days, and the reservation fee is non-refundable. The webpage with the map of the park is not working right now but it should be up before the swap.
    I guess we can start around 10 am, as before, and hold the swap in the vicinity of the pavilion.

Susan

• Apple911
    11 years ago

I found a map. It's attached below. I think that will be a great spot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Map of park

• ourhighlandhome
    11 years ago

Susan,

Excellent choice! The same pavilion as we had last fall - plenty of roadside parking and, above all, a wonderful view of the lake and surrounding area.

As I recall, we had a grill AND a 110- or 220-volt outlet available with this pavilion. Now we need to firm up our menu. I believe we all had a "Cinco de Mayo" menu on the brain. I'll start a separate "food thread" for us to participate in.

Thanks again, Susan, for your help in coordinating this!

Nelson

• browneyedsusan_gw
    11 years ago

I'm glad you like the pavilion we have (we didn't have a choice). I'm going to update my list this weekend. I have started a new thread for trades on the Exchanges page.
    Susan

• kolet66
    11 years ago

Sounds like a good day. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kim

• catbird
    11 years ago

Apple911: I still have a couple of name tags from prior years. I'll put one in my glove compartment so I'll be sure to have it there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Alice

• Apple911
    11 years ago

Sounds good Alice.

• red50
    11 years ago

Hi all, I plan to attend the swap with husband, 2 daughters, & 2 grandsons, though one daughter may have to work.

It has been a while since I went to a swap, we have been in a kind of building frenzy. But now, we are in the new house, so things have slowed down a bit. It was hard on me to miss the one in Gadsden, since it is only a 15 minute drive.

I did some updating on my trade page this morning, but I need to check in the old yard for more plants that I should move.

Joyce

• catbird
    11 years ago

Be sure to go to the thread Susan started on the Exchanges page to let everyone know when you have your exchange list updated and to see who else has theirs ready.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread for Spring '12 exchange list

• plantcrazy222
    11 years ago

Will be checking to see if we have any Girl Scout events that weekend, if not I will be there. Have not been to one in 2 yrs.Will miss not seeing Terry.

• starfishgirl
    11 years ago

I will be moving to Alabama this summer probably somewhere between Alabaster down through Clanton area (somewhere along 65) from Florida. Will my palm trees survive that area ? I have quite a few varieties that I would like to bring along. Have you seen any growing outdoors in that area ? How about grapes and muscadines ? Thanks for any information. Please email me at strfshgirl@aol.com if you have any enlightenment for me. Wanda

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County