Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterfly gardening presentation

Posted by madabouteu 8A - central Alabama (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 22:19

Last Thursday I gave a presentation to the local Sierra Club chapter on butterfly gardening, and the local newspaper printed an article about it. That brought in a fair number of non-members, and maybe got some people started into this kind of gardening. I introduced them to stratification and winter sowing, along with introducing them to local species of butterflies and their host plants. Here is a link to the article, if anyone would like to read it:
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20130211/NEWS/130219979

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterfly gardening presentation

Mr. Quinn, enjoyed seeing behind the scenes of a' poster' on the Garden Web.....a lot more than meets the eye. Very nice article giving input on a very accomplished person who not only gets down and gets dirty but has traveled the world over. This web site is great. Better than TV.

o

I never got rich, but I have had lots of fun and adventures along the way! The stories I could tell....

o

The rest of the story is that Kenneth (madabouteu) got involved in Master Gardeners in Gadsden through Gardenweb. When Katrina washed him out of New Orleans, he decided to move back to Gadsden where he grew up. We connected through Gardenweb at about the time I was retiring and was signing up for the MG class. I urged him to sign up, too, He did and has been a real mainstay of MGs ever since. You can make a lot of good friends here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here