Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roseyp8255

Tuesday

roseyp8255
18 years ago

off-topic - i am sure "they" will move it - but ya'll cross your fingers and say a prayer, send me vibes, WHATEVER, on Tuesday. We are deposing BUTTHEAD - and if he knows what is good for him, he will settle with me for what i want.

He needs to realize it is ALL about business now, I am totally over his "girlfriend"  and I play to win! I think he underestimated me  thought that since I am walked on at times at work (totally different story) because I am a civilian  that I would let him "walk on" me in this  NEGATIVE! I am ready to play hardball!....course my attorney makes the decisions, not me!

Comments (5)

• tsmith2579
    18 years ago

Girl, don't let the attorney make ALL decisions. He needs to run them ALL by you "first". It's good to hear you are over the GF so you can listen to the attorney's advice make objective decisions. Sylvia worked as a legal secretary and many lawyers are less than completely honest with their clients; you know, the good-ol'-boy system with barroom negotiations, etc. That is why she got out of the legal office business. BTW, read every word of any agreement and ask questions. If it is explained to you by your attorney and you still think there is room for interpretation, ask him to explain it in writing and have him sign it or have the divorce documents expanded to better explain it. You are paying him to represent your assets and he should not have a problem doing the best job he can to represent you. Good luck!

• outsideplaying_gw
    18 years ago

Rosey,
    Hang in there. And listen to what Terry is saying. The bottom-feeders will try to get you to do anything (read: settle out of court) to avoid going before a judge. And in some ways they are right - it will save you $$ in the long run to avoid it too, but do let your attorney know in no uncertain terms what you expect to get out of this. Keep that list of not-so-important things to yourself at this point, but know that you can use those later as negotiables.
    BTW, you must work for the Government. I did too until my retirement. Oh man, the military can sure send you some losers to work with can't they?!? No offense to our good men & women who serve, but some of them are a bunch of know-it-alls & control freaks.

• pfllh
    18 years ago

Rosey, you know we are thinking of you. Don't assume anything even if your attorney explained it previously. He could have changed wording or clauses that would effect you in a negative way.
    Stay tough woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lynn

• roseyp8255
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you ALL for the support - and yes, I work for the gov't - for law enforcement.

BUTTHEAD"S attorney called my attorney this am to reschedule - until next Friday the 24th. Court case was continued supposedly. Like I believe that. More than likely, (1) BUTTHEAD hasn't paid his attorney &/or (2) they are SCARED! :)

So, it will all work out in the end - hopefully i will be divorced b4 the 5 year mark (August 31) - i am SOO tired of this - but won't give in which is probly what Butthead wants me to do. He was the one cheating, not me. A pattern I am pretty sure - on his first 2 wives i bet (Yes, go ahead and hit me now!)

Thanks again for the support - Rosemary

• roseyp8255
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ya'll cross your fingers, etc. SO Far, no word of cancellation for Friday (the 24th) - and today is WEdnesday - course, i don't put anything past BUTTHEAD - but maybe we are finally going to get this moving.

At the rate I am going - i am hoping to be divorced by July 4th - pitiful huh? Only been trying for 4+ months! :)

Thanks for ALL your support! Rosemary

Sponsored