Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Storms

Posted by pfllh 8Al (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 14, 06 at 1:44

I hope everyone is safe. We got some wind but nothing bad just a lot of rain. Will probably have a few lakes in my yard by morning.
Take care
Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Storms

Hi Lynn...Have not been to the greenhouse yet..still on first cup of coffee...RAIN.. yes we got some..lol...BUT like a FOOL I watered for about 2 hours last night...moved my 100 or so brugs, that are hardened off so they could get more water...Did they get enough last night?..lol.. SOOOO today will be putting my tender tropicals in the greenhouse for tonight..

Is this crazy weather.....Jody

o

It has been strange weather..Even up here in Northern AL.
Warm one day then COLD at night..Humid and warm yesterday. This morning it is COLD...

o

It was windy and coolish all afternoon here and then about dark I took Smokey out for his evening walk. It was warmer, humid, the wind had died down and it was as still as a tomb. I've been in too many tornados and I knew this wasn't a good omen. Supposedly one passed over Hueytown. Thank goodness they all stayed in the sky and didn't touch down in JEFFCO except for slight damage in Fultondale, up close to the city landfill. They had a brief touch-down, wind shear or was it straight line winds? Just slight damage.

o

If I could get the good Lord above to put 20-20-20 in the rain.. I would have it made..lol

o

Jody, the way you can grow plants you don't need the 20-20-20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O)
So glad no one has reported being in a tornado. It looks like the cold and I mean cold is coming back next week! How about someone setting up heaters in my yard since everything is blooming or coming up good???
Lynn

o

NOOOOOOOO....I just planted a trailer full of plants...Roby put in fence post from that old corral so I can put wire around them and plant some of my viners..BUT my plants have been hardened for about a week...come on heat.....lol..and yes Lynn.. I come to your house with cutters in hand...lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here