Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planting Brugs outside?

Posted by bamakrautie z8AL (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 11, 06 at 8:34

Hi, I am new to gardening and I wonder if it would be too early to plant my Angel's Trumpets already outside/ I got twi healthy cuttlings from last year which I would like to put in the yard. Any suggestions?
Thank you
MAnu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planting Brugs outside?

I think you probably would need to wait until after the last frost in your area. I am new to brugs - got some last year, have a few in the yard, but most of them i have babied in the Greenhouse over the winter. I do plan to put them in the ground this year though.

Terry - Deb - Tony - you might want to toss them some of your knowledge on this - since yours do GREAT a zone north of me! :)

o

Well, I uncovered some of my brugs today. They already have some green sprouts. I removed the leaf mulch but I kept the black flower pots nearby as covers just in case we have a frost. The 10 day forecast is calling for 37 degrees one night next week so I may have to cover them as a precaution. Otherwise, the 10 day forecast shows good temps. Just remember, we had a frost on March 31 a couple of years ago, the first frost since Feb. 15. On April 4, 1985 we had snow in the peach blossoms here in metro Birmingham. Will we have another hard freeze? I doubt it. If you plant them in the ground, be sure they are well drained and you can cover them.

o

Thank you for the tips, i guess I will wait unil mid April, just to be on the safe side.
Bye Manu

o

Manu, You need to come to the plant swap even if you do not have anything to swap, I went to the fall one and found out so much about different plants that I didnt know. Alot of people that come to the swap have alot of knowledge about plants.
Jill

o

Not about Brugs but when the plant swap is. Everyone talks about it but not when it is. Info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ruth

o
Plant Swap Answer for Daisy

Daisy, it is May 20. Look at the Alabama Exchange page for details. Hope your coming! - Terry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here