Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fnboyd

White Swan Cone Flower question

fnboyd
17 years ago

I planted three of these last fall. I have been checking by beds to see if they are coming up. I can find nothing. Are they dead or does it just take them a while? My Phlox have not shown up either. This is the first time I have tried these two plants and I was just not sure. Other perennials are breaking ground all around these.

Thanks, faye

Comments (2)

• springday
    17 years ago

Faye,
    White/Purple Cone Flowers are slower coming up after winter. There will be no leaves. Soon you will only be able to see little pointed nodules poking up from where you planted them.

I was going to transplant some I had grown from seed a few weeks ago. I could not find them very well, so I decided I'd wait. I had a nice row of them in my vegetable garden last summer/fall.

For the last couple of years, I have planted a row of coneflower seeds in my vegetable garden in April/May. Then I transplant them into my flower beds early the following spring because they are one of my favorite perennials. Just give them some time. They'll be up before you know it.

Happy gardening,
    springday

• fnboyd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you Springday,

I was beginning to worry. I am glad you said they had no leaves at first. I may have pulled them up thinking they were a weed.

Sponsored