Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your Opinion, Please - Advertising the Swap

Posted by tsmith2579 Z7B/8A-Alabama (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 30, 06 at 11:23

The Birmingham News has a Garden Exchange and Calendar in the Saturday paper. What do y'all think about advertising the Oak Mountain plant swap in the B'ham News? We might recruit new people with different stuff. I think we would need to explain it as a "swap" and not free plants or we'll get a bunch of moochers. So, what do y'all think? The article might read somehting like this:

Oak Mountain Plant Swap & Exchange: You are invited to join other gardeners at a garden swap and plant exchange at Oak Mountain State Park on Saturday, May 20 at 10 a.m. in the lake/picnic area parking lot. Please bring your garden items, garden and landscape novelties, plants and seeds to swap with other gardeners. You may go to http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/alabgard/nph-ind.cgi?type=exch for more information.

Just an idea. What do y'all think? - Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your Opinion, Please - Advertising the Swap

Terry,

I think it is a great idea. There are definite advantages. If it doesn't work out, we don't have to advertise swaps again. Susan

o

Sounds good. We need some new blood. Somebody might have as plant that I just have to have.

Tony

o

• Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 30, 06 at 20:40

Sounds good to me - keep us informed.

o

Sounds dandy to me. You might want to add that we are having potluck so that they don't feel left out or awkward at lunch.

Deb

o

OK with me.
Lynn

o

Fine with me also.
Jill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here