Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yucca in containers

Posted by mattie108 none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 12:06

Anybody know how Yucca plants do in containers? I'm thinking of putting Bright Edge in 18x18 square planters on either side of my garage door, on the east side of the house. Any comments?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yucca in containers

If you are talking about the native filamentous yucca (Yucca filamentosa), it's one tough plant. It'd probably do fine if you don't baby it, although I would suggest a larger container and being sure it's secure to the ground or protected from strong winds when it's blooming.

There might be smaller varieties of this species; I see various filamentous yuccas at nurseries from time to time.

o
RE: Yucca in containers

We have yucca in large concrete containers that were there when we bought the place (in Shorter) 15 years ago. Ive never done a thing to maintain them and they not only thrive but multiply. So I'd say "yes" as long as as the containers are big enough to accomodate growth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here