Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindylou111

Bloom Master Hanging Baskets

cindylou111
17 years ago

I bought and planted two of these 12" hanging baskets from Bloom Master, I was a little skeptical on how can dirt not fall out of holes along the side of the pots. When I planted the Potting Mix it was wet like instructed and it was so heavy when I went to hang it up I thought the hangers were not going to hold. When I watered them the water came rushing out the sides of two the holes and left me with a lot of dirt on my shoes. Well, I refilled and packed the dirt again and watered again. No wet shoes. I think these are going to be the greatest thing that has happened to hanging baskets in Forever! I also put some of those water holding crystals in the layers to help with water retention. I would love to see and hear from others that have had great results from these pots. Thanks.

Comments (11)

• Butterflyer1966
    17 years ago

HI,
    what plants are in those hanging baskets??
    I never heard from that company b4.. :(
    Greetings
    Susanne(SUE)

• cindylou111
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Sue,
    Well, since the season was just beginning here and not that many varieties of plants yet available I put wave petunias, regular petunias, verbena,trailing verbena, in colors of pink, purple, white and red. I still have one more I want to pot up and I found nemesia in pink and white this week and I will put one of each in the layers and then top them with one of each color in the top. Check out their website www.bloommaster.com and see what can be done with these great baskets. After about a week or two they started growing and blooming and they look like they are going to be amazing! Like everyone elses plants right now though they are in the garage hoping to get warm soon. Cindy

• Butterflyer1966
    17 years ago

Thanks Cindy,
    that webpage is awesome..Are you living close to me? I am in Henagar..
    Easter-Greetings
    Susanne(SUE)

• cindylou111
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes Sue,I live in Fyffe, just down the road from you. We have had some very strange weather this year haven't we?
    Happy Easter to you as well, Cindy

• Butterflyer1966
    17 years ago

Cindy,
    that is too cool, meeting nice gardeners right here on this forum and so close by..
    I would love to meet with you sometime and maybe you can teach me a lil about Alabama Gardening..Florida is a lil different..lol
    Yeah the weather is crazy here, I was too fast with planting,but since there was nothing on the property I could not wait..So my guestroom and also pc-room are full of potted plants which cannot wait to go back outside..
    Hope to chat with you soon..
    Susanne(SUE)

• cindylou111
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Neighbor (Sue),
    Well Sue I guess we can learn about Alabama Gardening together. I have lived here for just over a year and although I am orginally from Mobile I have not lived there in 34 years. I lived in Dothan, Al for one year before I moved up here but the zone is 8 just like where I lived before that for 10 years in the FWB, Fl area so I guess we have a lot more in common than meets the eye. We were flooded out by Ivan and I always wanted to live in the mountains so here we are.
    I too got over zealous and planted petunias along the walkway of two of my beds and Fanfare Gaillardia and my roses that I planted last year I have to go out each night and cover them up. Fortunatley, I planted my herbs, tomatoes, and others in pots and they were put in the garage. I am keeping a gardening journal and I will put this "blackberry winter" in my journal so I can remember next year to not be in such a hurry. Having just moved here last year I have busy putting in weed control mat and fresh mulch, so it has been a lot to do and the heat was so bad that I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. to get out there and work before high noon or it was then too hot. Not fond of snakes so I wanted to get all this done before the horrible things are out and about.
    I would love to meet a fellow gardener but I don't know how to give you the info to find me without everyone else knowing as well. Any suggestions? Cindy

• cindylou111
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sue, I just went back and read some of the post from months earlier. I read where you said you finally moved here and your accident with your SUV etc. I remembered reading that before that's why I went back.
    So you are from Bavaria huh? We have more in common than you know. My husband is retired military and we lived in Kaierslautern for 6 years and we got to visit Bavaria and what a beautiful place it is. We loved Germany so much that is why we did two tours. We opted for a special duty assignment which took us to England for 4 years after our tour in Germany. We lived in Europe all of the 80's. We took full advantage of our opportunity to travel while we were there. I guess it is inevitable that we should meet.
    Let me know how we can get together I sure could use a friend and especially one I have so much in common with. Cindy

• Butterflyer1966
    17 years ago

Dear Cindy,
    I tried to send you an email but no success, you have it not listed on your page..
    You can email me, I would love to meet and chat with you..:)
    Greetings
    Susanne(SUE)

Butterflyer1966@aol.com

• bloomingaddiction
    16 years ago

Hi Cindy,

I just looked at the Bloommaster web site and our local garden club Red Bay Garden Club, AL was thinking of purchasing some of these baskets to beautify the town. How did it go throughout the spring and summer with your basket? Did you buy the brackets they sell, pretty expensive. Please let me know your opinion. Thanks Tanis

• cindylou111
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Tanis,
    I just saw this thread revisited. My bloom master hanging baskets were goregous all summer. The petuinas are a little leggy now but I think if I cut them back and then gave them a little bloom booster they would snap right back. I got the ones that had the metal wire hangers the 14" or 16" and they work just fine. They say if you are going to grow tomatoes or something heavy like that then you need the most expensive one with the heavy duty hangers. I got mine in a place in Ga that was on their website that had them at last years prices so I grabbed 3 of them.
    I am going to plant pansies in them during the winter.

Lots of luck.
    Cindy

• robinco
    15 years ago

I'm popping in from Colorado but I wanted to give another thumbs up to Bloommaster planters. I bought the brackets and hung 2 20" boxes under each window of my upstairs. This photo was taken yesterday and I swear everything grew more overnight!

{{gwi:359872}}

Robin

Sponsored