Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madabouteu

2010 Speing Swap

madabouteu
14 years ago

It has been suggested we have the Spring Swap at Petals From The Past, and I am suggesting we have it May 8 - Catbird and I cannot make it May 1. Discussion?

Comments (11)

• tsmith2579
    14 years ago

PFTP was very hospitable last year and invited us back. It was nice to shop there after the swap. As always, if there is anyway I can get to the swap, I'll be there.

• ourhighlandhome
    14 years ago

If that date is good with 'Petals' and most everyone else it's good with me. Shall we plan on eating at Smokey Hollow again? If so, we should also let them know so they won't be quite so overwhelmed this time.

I'll be updating my Exchange Page soon. I know it will include some slightly-used, heavy-duty plastic nursery pots in 1-, 2- and 3-gallon sizes. I need to know pretty soon whether or not anyone wants them before they're destroyed.

I look forward to seeing everyone again! And Ken, bring me some eggplant and "black" tomato starts if you have any left!

Nelson

• madabouteu
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just e-mailed Jason and asked if he is agreeable, and if May 8 is OK - I will let y'all know whay he says.

He gave the talk at February's meeting of our local MG chapter - he's a great speaker, his love of what he's doing really shines through.

• catbird
    14 years ago

Nelson: DON'T DESTROY THE POTS! If no one else wants them, give them to me and Kenneth (madabouteu) to add to the Master Gardener greenhouse supply or donate to the local high school's horticulture program. They can always use them, particularly the larger ones.

See everyone on May 8, I hope.

• daffodillady
    14 years ago

The May 8th date sounds good for me, although I will not have much to trade...will be attending mainly for the gardening fellowship. Oh, please, never talk about destroying pots....especially the larger ones. Thats all I can to use for now, since I am living in a rental unit.
    I have a set of barely used tools: leaf rake, garden rake, hoe, shovel, etc. They are not the cheapest, nor the most expensive brands. Anybody interested in trading for them?
    How about a well-used but still very functional egg incubator?

• lsmcw
    14 years ago

May 8th works for me. If it ever gets above freezing, I'll see what survived the Great Frozen Winter and update my trade list. Linda

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    14 years ago

May 8 at PFTP! got it! I took a field trip to Huntsville to pick up 5th grade from overnight space camp and got there early... soooo... I had to spend my spare time at the Huntsville Botanical gardens. it was so fun. I am so ready for warmer weather and lots of sunshine. Oh, I stated taking Horticulture classes through Jeff State. I like it too. I will update my trade list soon,

• madabouteu
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jason has not yet gotten back to me... I will call him Monday

• gardenia_grow
    14 years ago

what u come up with your decision

• madabouteu
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Under that heading, you'll see that we now plan to have it in Gadsden at the Master Gardener greenhouse on May 10. We still have to get permission from the County Extension Co-ordinator, I should be able to do that tomorrow. Directions, etc. will be posted at a later date

• madabouteu
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This thread is closed. For updates on this subject, go to "Spring Swap - Good News".

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler