Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2010 Speing Swap

Posted by madabouteu 8A - central Alabama (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 1, 10 at 14:32

It has been suggested we have the Spring Swap at Petals From The Past, and I am suggesting we have it May 8 - Catbird and I cannot make it May 1. Discussion?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
2010 Spring Swap

PFTP was very hospitable last year and invited us back. It was nice to shop there after the swap. As always, if there is anyway I can get to the swap, I'll be there.

o
RE: 2010 Speing Swap

• Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 1, 10 at 20:51

If that date is good with 'Petals' and most everyone else it's good with me. Shall we plan on eating at Smokey Hollow again? If so, we should also let them know so they won't be quite so overwhelmed this time.

I'll be updating my Exchange Page soon. I know it will include some slightly-used, heavy-duty plastic nursery pots in 1-, 2- and 3-gallon sizes. I need to know pretty soon whether or not anyone wants them before they're destroyed.

I look forward to seeing everyone again! And Ken, bring me some eggplant and "black" tomato starts if you have any left!

Nelson

o

I just e-mailed Jason and asked if he is agreeable, and if May 8 is OK - I will let y'all know whay he says.

He gave the talk at February's meeting of our local MG chapter - he's a great speaker, his love of what he's doing really shines through.

o

Nelson: DON'T DESTROY THE POTS! If no one else wants them, give them to me and Kenneth (madabouteu) to add to the Master Gardener greenhouse supply or donate to the local high school's horticulture program. They can always use them, particularly the larger ones.

See everyone on May 8, I hope.

o

The May 8th date sounds good for me, although I will not have much to trade...will be attending mainly for the gardening fellowship. Oh, please, never talk about destroying pots....especially the larger ones. Thats all I can to use for now, since I am living in a rental unit.
I have a set of barely used tools: leaf rake, garden rake, hoe, shovel, etc. They are not the cheapest, nor the most expensive brands. Anybody interested in trading for them?
How about a well-used but still very functional egg incubator?

o

May 8th works for me. If it ever gets above freezing, I'll see what survived the Great Frozen Winter and update my trade list. Linda

o

May 8 at PFTP! got it! I took a field trip to Huntsville to pick up 5th grade from overnight space camp and got there early... soooo... I had to spend my spare time at the Huntsville Botanical gardens. it was so fun. I am so ready for warmer weather and lots of sunshine. Oh, I stated taking Horticulture classes through Jeff State. I like it too. I will update my trade list soon,

o
no response yet

Jason has not yet gotten back to me... I will call him Monday

o

what u come up with your decision

o
See 'Spring Swap - Good News'

Under that heading, you'll see that we now plan to have it in Gadsden at the Master Gardener greenhouse on May 10. We still have to get permission from the County Extension Co-ordinator, I should be able to do that tomorrow. Directions, etc. will be posted at a later date

o
Closed thread

This thread is closed. For updates on this subject, go to "Spring Swap - Good News".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here