Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leaning palm tree

Posted by colabama (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 08 at 16:16

hi everyone. my trachy fell sideways with the last tornadic winds we had a couple of weeks ago.does anyone have any ideas on how to right it? appreciate any help you have.thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leaning palm tree

How tall? Guessimate of weight? Can you put a quilt or blanket around the trunk BELOW THE GROWTH BUD, wrap a rope around the quilt and pull it vertical with a truck or car while a couple of other folks help hold the trunk and keep it from twisting sideways? Once it is up, I would stake it with three or four stakes until it has a chance to get rooted again. Do not break out the growth bud or it is a goner.

o

this trachy is approximately 5'.it is my pride and joy.i hope it will make it.thank you for responding

o

Do you have help in getting it upright. If it is on 5 feet it shoul dbe small enough to pull it vertical by hand. Like I said, just be very careful with the growth bud. When they cut the growth bud out of palms to make hearts-of-palm, it kills the tree.

o

i will be able to right it soon,and will be extra gentle in not harming the growth bud.thanks again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here