Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leafrollers

Posted by tresa (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 6, 06 at 17:02

Hi. In another forum I learned that what afflicted my poor cannas last year was leaf rollers. What I want to know, is that also the reason my irises didn't do much last year and why the blooms looked really dry and ugly if they opened at all that is. I looked and sure enough some of them have buds down in there and they look dry already. Can I get rid of these things with 7 dust or what? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leafrollers

Have a look at

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris diseases

o

I have read about leafrollers now...hummm seems they could be controlled with some Praying Mantis'or birds...They sound like they would be a yummy snack for a bird or Praying Mantis..

Put a couple bird feeders near your cannas.

o

Ok, thanks. I checked out that link. Still not sure what mine are suffering from, but it is an interesting link anyway. Thanks for the suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here