Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Upright Ele. Ears

Posted by plantman71 7b/8a (tcm6641@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 17:11

Went to Walmart and Lowes in Gardendale today. Both had Black Upright Elep/ Ears for 4.50. There was 2, 8 to 10" elep. ears to each pot. Had tag that said Black Magic.
If you want one and can't find them and are coming to plant swap. LMK and I will get one for you. Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Upright Ele. Ears

Hi Tony Where is the Plant swap and when.....thanks Cindi

o

That's good to know, Tony! After the sleet/snow they're predicting tonight has moved out, I'm going to go to my Lowe's here in Huntsville and see if they also have them. Too bad I'm not closer to Gardendale. Do you know if Black Magic tolerates sun better than the big floppy green elephant ears do?

o

Mattie, This is not Black Magic. Black Magic looks like the big floppy ones, except with black leaves. This one has leaves that go stright up, with black shiny leaves. This is a harder to fine Elep Ear and usually cost more. I have been growing one in the sun for about 2 years.
Your EMail is blocked.
Tony

o

Mattie, This is not Black Magic. Black Magic looks like the big floppy ones, except with black leaves. This one has leaves that go stright up, with black shiny leaves. This is a harder to fine Elep Ear and usually cost more. I have been growing one in the sun for about 2 years.
Your EMail is blocked.
Tony

o

Thanks, Tony. Actually, the upright kind is the one I want, but I haven't really looked for it yet. I thought you were saying that it's called Black Magic. Anyway, thanks again. I think I fixed the email thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here