Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
babys breath?

Posted by loveofmylife680 z7 al (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 10, 06 at 18:02

I have a huge plant that was here when we bought the place that I would like to know what it is, does anyone have a link to a picture of baby breath so I can see if thats what it is. It is blooming no,w going to try and look it up to see when it is supposed to bloom but so far no good pics.
Jill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: babys breath?

Hey Jill - try this link below

Here is a link that might be useful: PIcs of Baby's Breath

o

It looks's like the double baby's breath except it is blooming now and taller than 3ft I know its not privet lol has a bunch of blooms on one little stem if it is still blooming by the swap I will bring some and can remember to bring it with me,then maybe someone can tell me what it is.Thanks for the help rosey.
Jill

o

It may be Bridalwreath, Spiraea prunifolia.

o

That Bridalwreath is very pretty baby's breath. I plan on trying to plant Baby's Breath around my roses this spring. Starting from seed. I hope it takes...I think my roses will be extra pretty with baby's breath all around it.

o

THAT"S IT !!! Thank you, mine is huge.[taller than me 5'5] I am going to research it and see if I can cut it back. If anyone wants some let me know, do not know how easy it will be to transplant but will try to get some in a pot and see how it does.
Jill

o

We divided some at Deb's that day - and it all appears to be fine - i too have blooms on mine - and they (all the different pieces) made it through the winter fine! I am actually gonna try to get some in the ground today....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here