Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More of my garden.....lots of photos :)

Posted by tweetypye z8/SC Al. (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 21:02

Thought some of you might enjoy seeing more of my garden photos.... I made these this afternoon.
This is the view from my front porch.

Part of the front area.

A wider view of the front.

From my driveway.

Upper front of house

Looking from the side into the back area.

View of my large pond.

View of bridge over stream and garden beyond.

Birds eye view of back from top of my barn. :)

One of my garden rooms. I've got to put some annuals in my pots. :)

Azaleas starting to bloom, and dogwoods.

View from my back of my arbor and fence.

Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More of my garden.....lots of photos :)

Oh how nice Jan, I know you are proud of your yard I know I would be. Have got to plan on coming down there one weekend.
Jill

o

Lovely!

o

Jan, thanks for the pictures. Your garden looks very nice. It seems to me everything has been especially pretty this year. Our yellow bells, crabapple and azaleas hae been especially nice. If we could just get some rain, Lord !?

o

Hang in there, hopefully we'll get some out of the system headed our way this weekend!! :)
Thanks for all your sweet comments on my gardens, guys and gals.
Jan

o

I aspire to have a pond like that someday! Pretty!

As long as we are sharing pictures, heres some of my front azaleas & stuff, and
my first try at using "photobucket" to share pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: frontyard

o

Oh Jan, why must you torment me with pictures of your gorgeous garden?!? Part of me is now motivated to tackle my dream projects and the other part is shaking her head saying "enjoy the pictures 'cause this is as close as you're gonna' get to results like these lol!" Your well is adorable and the shots with the pond and bridge look so serene.

Squirrellypete

o

tedevore...your azaleas are gorgeous and you did good for sharing using photobucket the first time. :)
Squirrellpete....thanks for your lovely comments, hey. dive in you'll get them done someday...that's what I've always done. The well was an idea I had several years ago. I just thought up a plan in my head and decided to build it. It is a recirculating fountain. The water runs into the bucket and out into the well over and over. Most folks like it. The pond is the larger of two that I have. There again, just plans that came into my head and I did them. Once I had a backyard of nothing but lawn...boring...to say the least! So, girl, get out there and get started...lol
Jan

o

Jan - Gorgeous of course - but i get to see it every day when i drive by (aren't you all jealous! :) )

Squirrelypete - you oughta be me livign down the road - i aspire for my yard to be like Jan's. ONE DAY! You keep plugging along too!

o

Alright......I'm going in. Wish me luck!

Thanks Jan for the inspiration and rosey too for the encouragement.

Enjoy your weekend! Squirrellypete

o

Ted yours is nice also such pretty blooms.
Jill

o

Jan, thank you for sharing the pictures. You have done a remarkable job. Your place is just beautiful. I hope you are getting some much-needed rain about now.

o

I enjoyed your photos - your garden looks so peaceful and lovely. Tell me - what is that growing on the arch in the first photo? Is that an old rose?

o

Phillip, that is a white Lady Banks rose....I have a yellow one out back also, but the white is not as easily found. I've tried unsucessfully to root cuttings off it, but so far no luck. I haven't a clue why, I can normally root most anything! :)
Jan

o

Jan, have you seen the purple Lady Banks? I've seen it in nurseries but not growing anywhere.

o
Lady Banks

My yellow Lady Banks is blooming like crazy right now. I've posted a photo of it over on the Rose Gallery. I'll paste the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lady Banks rose

o

No, I didn't know there was a purple one, Phillip.....and thanks for the link to your photos. That blue wall is a perfect backdrop for your yellow Lady Banks....beautiful...maybe one day I'll get up your way...sure would love to see your garden in person...it looks like a glorious place! :)
Folks if you haven't already, you need to visit Phillips website and see his marvelous garden.
Jan

o

Excellent pictures!!! Very inspiring. I like the lay-out of your garden. Best wishes for the spring planting season

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here