Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ourhighlandhome

Food for Spring 2014 Plant Swap

ourhighlandhome
10 years ago

Any ideas? Mexican, Italian, Southern country/soul-food, pot-luck, or other? We've tried them all. Time to start planning.....

Comments (22)

• elfs_garden
    10 years ago

I like mexican.

• alabamanicole
    10 years ago

How about local food, showcasing some of the great produce, dairy and meat that is grown and raised in Alabama?

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

As long as the theme is appropriate - instead of my usual green tomato bread, I could make sweet and hot baked beans. Opinions? It has baked beans, bacon, onion, lots of brown sugar.

• plantman71
    10 years ago

I like soul food or pot luck'

• mws366
    10 years ago

i will bring my home made pimiento/cheese spread with bread and crackers that everyone seemed to like last time.
    also, some extra drinks and ice.

wayne

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

We need a consensus - any theme yet?

• catbird
    10 years ago

If by Mexican food you mean hot peppers, I'll just bring my own lunch. I lean more toward salads and hot dogs/hamburgers or lots of good assemble-your-own-sandwich ingredients (I can bring ham and homemade bread). We may need to give our great grill chef a year off and skip the hamburger/hot dog option.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

I second Alice's idea of sandwiches. I will bring cheese, lettuce and tomatoes, for the sandwiches, and a dessert.

Susan

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

If we go with sandwich fixings, how about I bring some pastrami, some corned beef? Someone else could bring more bread, another the mayo and mustard.

• ourhighlandhome
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the time off, Alice ;-)

I'll bring plenty of chips (fat-free, kettle-cooked and regular Golden Flake), Claussen mini dill pickles, banana peppers and Golden Greek Pepperoncini (avoid these, Alice!), Heinz mayonnaise and French's mustard.

• catbird
    10 years ago

Nelson: It's just a one-year sabbatical.

• plantman71
    10 years ago

I will bring bread, paper towels, plates, forks, potato salad, and a drink

• elfs_garden
    9 years ago

I will bring brownie, cookies, and coleslaw.

• madabouteu
    9 years ago

I had suggested bringing sliced pastrami and corned beef for sandwiches, they are my favorites, but I'm being selfish. What would y'all like?

• ourhighlandhome
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kenneth,

Bring them! Nothing selfish at all about sharing food. Is anyone bringing bread? And is there a particular kind that goes best with "deli" sandwiches?

• plantman71
    9 years ago

Nelson, I said I would bring bread. What kind do you want?

• red50
    9 years ago

It is difficult to see what is still needed. I will some bottled water, cups, ice, more bread, chopped onion, & tuna salad. My daughter is making a dessert.
    Joyce

• catbird
    9 years ago

I had posted above that I'd bring some home made bread. It will be whole wheat -- and good.

• alabamanicole
    9 years ago

I'll bring some veggies for snacking and adding to sandwiches, and some ham.

• madabouteu
    9 years ago

This morning I got sliced meats for sandwiches - corned beef, pastrami, Black Forest ham, and honey maple turkey. Half a pound each.

• elfs_garden
    9 years ago

I will not have the cookies.. but will have Brownies and coleslaw.

• madabouteu
    9 years ago

Brownies? Yum - dibs!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting