Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find Felco pruners

Posted by chelsea_gardener 7b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 6, 06 at 8:14

Does anyone know where to find Felco tools for sale in the Anniston area? They are the worlds best pruners, in my opinion.
We are buying a place with 12 acres in the Jacksonville area that is a virtual botanical garden, but it is going to need lots of pruning. Thanks in advance to any of you who may have the information I need.
Happy to be in Alabama!
Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find Felco pruners

You might be able to find them on line cheaper than locally. It seems the boutique type shops sell them and they are quite expensive, even at best price.

o

I also urge you to look on line, or in your best gardening catalogs. I agree that they are worth the search, but I've not found that many places stock Felco. I'll attach a link to my source for tools and supplies that I use for my business. I've found good service and good prices there.

I also suggest that you look at the small pruning saws that Felco makes....what time (and energy) savers they are! Buy some leather gloves to go along with them, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drool over THESE pruners!

o

Thanks Rhizo for the link. I just ordered a pair and I thought the prices were incredible. I know I paid at least $20 more than their price last time I bought some and that was probably about five years ago.
I'll be anxious to look at the rest of their products in their catalog.
Terry

o

That's my 'wish book' ;-)

o

I think you will be pleased with the prices at www.frostproof.com. Several years ago when I was still an Ohio buckeye I decided to treat myself to a good pair of pruners and ordered the Felco #2 from frostproof. They arrived promptly and I have been oh so pleased with them (and wondering why I waited so long). I then ordered loppers and a small pruning saw - again both were A-1 decisions.

I'm not affiliated with frostproof - just a happy customer.

o

Has anyone seen Micro-Tom plants for sale in the Birmingham area?
Thanks much.
Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here