Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

 o
Possible rain for the Swap day?

Posted by tweetypye z8/sc AL (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 8:40

I know it's a week away, but the weather channel has scattered thunderstorms in the forecast for Fri., Sat., and Sun. this week. I was just wondering if we have a backup plan for the swap just in case the weather doesn't cooperate for us Saturday? I'd sure hate to dig all the dl's I've traded and not be able to get them to everyone.
Jan


Follow-Up Postings:

 o
RE: Possible rain for the Swap day?

Yes, that has me worried too. But we do need more rain, just hope it arrives before Saturday. Yesterday morning, I tilled up a new bed, could not believe how dry the soil was. I did get several things planted. Joyce


 o
RE: Possible rain for the Swap day?

My soil hasn't dried out yet, but we are beginning to need more rain. Maybe it'll hold off for Sat. and rain Sat. night and Sunday. I've got lots of dl's to dig Friday, don't want to do that in the rain!! :)
Jan


 o
RE: Possible rain for the Swap day?

  • Posted by telly2 7 b - Alabama (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 22:11

Tonight's forecast for the weekend said only a 30% chance of rain (at least for the Bham area). Maybe if it rains at all, it will be the typical summer timing, in the afternoon rather than in the a.m.


 o
RE: Possible rain for the Swap day?

Yep, they are now saying small chances of afternoon pop up showers so we should be fine, although I wouldn't mind a good shower once the swap is finished. We're getting a little dry with all these high temps this week.
Jan


 o
RE: Possible rain for the Swap day?

We've had rain before. Just bring a BIG umbrella. Look at the bright side, there is a 30% chance of rain and 70% chance it won't.


 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!


Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.


Learn more about in-text links on this page here