Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Place to buy compost in bulk?

Posted by shpigford 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 9:09

I need about 8 cubic yards of compost in the next couple of weeks.

Last year I purchased in from Perrins on 280, but they won't have any for another month.

So is there anywhere else in the Birmingham area (or within 30 miles or so) that sells compost by the yard?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Place to buy compost in bulk?

There are all kinds of compost- sometimes you can end up with trash. Captain Compost (google him) is the best person to buy compost from in this area. He sells it by the truckload. Are you trying to start a square foot garden? I looked for all of the same things a few years back when I started mine. I now compost all my kitchen and garden waste-it is easy and fun. You can also get leaves and grass clippings free from neighbors.
Susan

o

We actually have a ton of our own compost (been composting for years), but we're significantly expanding the size of our garden, so need a lot more than we can produce.

o

• Posted by bamatufa 7 - Trussville, AL (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 14:19

Captain Compost. Located in St.Clair county. Odenville I beleive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here