Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HSV - Plants for Kidney Dialysis Care & Free Clinic 4/15 - 4/17

Posted by Meadow_Lark 7 (NE Alabama) (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 05 at 9:37

I hope it's okay that I post this... just to let people know... (I am not affiliated with any part of this sale Im just a GARDENING FOOL!)

Next weekend: Friday, April 15th - Sunday, April 17th, is a plant sale that benefits Kidney Dialysis Patients and The Community Free Clinic in the Madison County area.

The sale is at the Huntsville Wholesale Nursery on the corner of Leeman Ferry Road and Johnson Road.

The Huntsville Wholesale Nursery is donated for the entire weekend, and gets NO financial benefit. The monies are all donated for medical care!!!

The hours are:

Friday: 9:00 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 5 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

The address is: 3252 Leeman Ferry Road

They have annuals, perennials, shrubs, sod, trees and mulch. I went last year and bought several perennials, and a flowering almond that is in GORGEOUS bloom right now!

This is a GREAT cause! Dialysis is VERY expensive, and many people who need it cannot work and/or have no insurance. Medicare does not pay for medication or transportation. The Clinic provides free medical care to those who need it

Thanx Meadow Lark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HSV - Plants for Kidney Dialysis Care & Free Clinic 4/15 - 4

Oooh!! I have heard about this, but never attended. I will send this to everyone I know.

MeadowLark - we may bump into one another and we won't even know it!

Thanks for the notice.

o

I think it's great you posted this. This would be a great opportunity to get new plants and benefits are twofold.
THANK YOU
Lynn in Prattville

o

Hi! I normally just lurk but I needed to say this. It's great to support the clinic, and they have some nice plants. I only want to warn against ordering anything to be delivered. I ordered, and paid for, 10 yards of soil conditioner to be delivered this past Monday. Still no delivery. They didn't call. I had to call them several times. Yesterday afternoon they said they'd be here first thing this morning. I finally canceled today and ordered from someone else. I have dozens of plants I dug up last weekend and I'm trying to keep them alive. I'm a bit angry. Sorry for the rant. Thought others might want to know.
Margaret

o

I going in about an hour during lunch I can almost walk there I work so close.

Bob

o

Bob,

Please check back in if you can, and let us know what they have! (I can't get out there until tomorrow morning...)

Thanx! Meadow Lark

o

Lots of bedding plants, herbs and about anything you want! I got away ok really didn't need anything more to plant have 25 banana trees to plant over the weekend and just finished a bunch of E ears that I split and grew in the greenhouse over the winter but got a nice flat of assorted salvia and a flat of assorted vinca. Lots of volunteers there and a good turnout.

Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here