Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindi_ks

plant shopping in Mobile area

Cindi_KS
15 years ago

Hello all,

My daughter is living in Mobile, working at the University of South Alabama until the semester ends in May. Hopefully she'll move back to Kansas after that. I won't be able to visit her before she moves back, so I'm going to have her do some plant shopping for me. She's not a real plant person, (yet!)so what I plan to do is send her to nurseries, then shop by cell phone. I need help from you all in finding nurseries so I don't send her on a wild goose chase. I imagine I can get her to drive within an hour from Mobile, so what I need is a list of good places to find the plants I most want. I would like to find:

Banana shrub, Nun's Orchid, a papaya tree, a Key Lime tree, brugmansia, lycoris or lilies like that, hibiscus.

Last time I was down that way I was amazed at how many nurseries I saw, and how much cheaper they were than what we pay up here. Most of the plants I mentioned are not available up here at any price. I know I could probably find them on mail order, but part of my plan is to get my 21 year old daughter to love plants the way I do.

Any help is appreciated! Feel free to email me privately if you want to keep your favorite sources secret!

Price is important too. Let me know if one place is cheaper than another.

Cindi

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living