Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another freeze?

Posted by cembh zn8 AL (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 10:22

I just can't believe another freeze Tuesday morning just as I have planted out all of my tender annuals. I sure hope they are wrong. I think I'll take up golf.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another freeze?

I planted some annuals also but not many. Got out the sheets, buckets, pots and tried to cover my new hostas from last year. Hope it works. Hope no more freeze after this. Covered my solomons seal that I have not dug up yet for the spring swap.
Jill

o

No problems here in Elmore County....at least not at my home. Temps didn't plummet as low as they predicted...only down to 38 with a mild wind blowing which helps protect the plants. I moved a couple of hanging baskets onto my porch, other than that, nothing got special treatment. Everythings just fine. :) My Dad always told me to watch the pecan trees in the spring and once they were showing green, it was ok to plant because there would be no more killing freezes after that. Don't know how true this is, but so far, it's always worked for me. Mine leafed out last week so I figured everything would be ok. LOL
Hope everyone else's plants made it through just fine also.
Jan

o

This is why I always wait until at least April 15th or a few days later.

I saw a bit of light frost early this morning, but I think we dodged the big freeze.

o

I'm just glad to see a relatively cool (and somewhat rainy) Spring for a change.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here