Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
browneyedsusan_gw

Spring Swap

browneyedsusan_gw
11 years ago

Please update your exchange lists-it's time to start trading!

I have started threads on the Exchanges page for posting plants and food that you will bring to the swap. As always, the swap will start around 10 am and will be followed by a potluck lunch.

Please invite your friends/neighbors to the swap.

Looking forward to seeing all of you again!

Susan

Comments (17)

• diann46
    11 years ago

Where is the swap going to be????

• ourhighlandhome
    11 years ago

Hi Susan!

I think I'm through updating, with the exception of some seeds I'm trying to germinate. I'll start pilfering through everyones exchange pages in the next few days.

I'm looking SO forward to the swap! My little sister is planning to attend, and bringing lots of garden "junk".

• browneyedsusan_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Diann: The swap will be at Oak Mountain State park. Please look at the swap threads on the exchanges page for information and to set up trades. I hope you can make it.

Nelson: I will bring you some Ruellias and Asclepias, and am looking forward to meeting your sister.

Susan

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

I couldn't figure out where the swap was either, thought it was in Gadsden for some reason. Hope nobody minds if I paste browneyedsusan's info here too:

I reserved the Beaver Pavilion at the Oak Mountain State Park, Birmingham AL on May 4th for our swap.

A map can be found here, Beaver pavilion is #20 on the map.

We usually start trading around 10 AM and then have a potluck lunch. Any garden-related item may be traded-plants, seeds, potting soil, compost, rocks, garden art, bird baths, preserves, cakes, cookies (that can be eaten in a garden) etc. Lunch items should be listed under the thread I started for this purpose on the Exchanges page.

Wish I could come. This is my daugher's birthday. Have fun!!

• mws366
    10 years ago

MORE GARDENERS NEED TO WEIGH IN ON EXCHANGE PAGE FOR TRADES AND LUNCH !

• MoonFire
    10 years ago

Just a note to let ya'll know I'm not gonna be able to make this swap :((

The van blew it's motor and my hubby is away in Colorado working a job and I also need to stick around as I have an uncle that is on life support in Tallahassee FL after having a serious heart bi-pass surgery and he is not coming around from the meds they had to give him to induce him into a coma state for a few days so i may have to go with my mom if he doesn't come through to be with her if she has to make the decision to take him off of life support...

Ya'll have a great time and don't forget to post pics!!! Maybe I can catch the fall one if there is a fall swap...hope all are having a full-blooming spring :) --Dianne

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear your bad news, Dianne - we hope you can make the fall swap.

• MoonFire
    10 years ago

Thanks :) and I look forward to seeing pics and hearing about all the goodies ya'll share!! ....ya'll have a good time and hope the weather is nice for that day...those of you traveling distance for the swap stay safe ---- Dianne

• MoonFire
    10 years ago

Oh and I almost forgot...this is a note to Nelson...please email me and let me know what you need in postage for mailing the bananas to me...they didn't take but i still want to send you postage for them...i really appreciate the effort you put into making sure i got them and i know postage isn't cheap these days...again ya'll have fun at the swap :)

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

Dianne,

No amount of postage is due. You and your husband traveled quite a distance for the swap, so treat any "postage due" as "gas money" so ya'll can attend this fall ;-D

I hope things work out for the best for your family. We'll miss you all but can appreciate the reason behind your absence.

Take care, and I look forward to seeing ya'll at the next swap.

Nelson

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

The forecast for tomorrow morning is dismal - one forecast says 90% chance of rain, one to 2 inches. Not very encouraging. Apparently, as the morning progresses, the prospects get better, so let us hope that by 10 or 10:30 the rain has mostly gone. If Alice and I are late, you will know why!

• browneyedsusan_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Should we delay the start of the swap to noon or 1 pm? We can start with lunch and then trade.
    Or do you think this will cause a lot of confusion?
    Susan

• squirrellypete
    10 years ago

Up to ya'll, I'll keep checking back here. I'm still seeing 60% chance for the noon hour. Maybe it just won't be a blowing rain (fingers crossed).

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

Just maybe the huge pavilion down the sidewalk from us will be unoccupied. You know...the one with tons of room, access to electricity, a fireplace, etc. Hmm....

If the same lady works the guard's booth as usual, be especially kind and maybe offer her a plant. She's never turned one down. Doesn't hurt to suck up, just in case we need a favor ;-D

I'll try to work some firewood into my car if at all possible. If on Saturday life gives us lemons - we'll simply make lemonade!

• catbird
    10 years ago

I have to be home by mid afternoon, so can't make it if we do it later. Let's just stick with the plan and hope for the best..

• browneyedsusan_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, let's have it at the usual time @ 10 am on Saturday.
    Susan

• squirrellypete
    10 years ago

OK, see ya'll there then!

Sponsored