Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
when to plant veggies?

Posted by kkinal 8-AL (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 10:44

when is everyone planning to plant tomatoes, etc.? ( in central AL) I was planning on next weekend --too early?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: when to plant veggies?

I am a newbie, but I aso have thought about planting my veggies in the next week or two, unless a veteran tells us otherwise. My wintersown tomatoes are getting big. I can't wait for a juicy red right off the vine tomato....wiping the drool- LOL!!

o
RE: when to plant veggies?

We may be lucky this year and not get a late freeze like last year, but I think I'll wait until about the first of May before planting tomatoes. They're not going to grow much until the ground temperature is a little warmer anyway.

Let's all pray that we don't have the kind of drought we had last year. I thought for a while I was raising sun-dried tomatoes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here