Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Maple Fungus or Algea

Posted by kamalamc 36256 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 08 at 11:26

I purchased my house in Alabama with the most beautiful red mable in the back yard in 1991. For the last two years it has this green algae fungus type stuff on it. It is beginning to kill my tree. I have it on a few other things too. It killed a blueberry bush last year. I have take pictures I would love to attach so anyone out there could help me with advice on treatments and prevention. I love this tree.

OK so I don't know how to attact the photos either. The green stuff is clinging to the bark on the branches. Wherever it is the the branch is dying.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Maple Fungus or Algea

perhaps you have lichens growing on your tree.
if so, they are not killing the branches. your tree may be in decline (if it is an old one) or there may be other issues that are affecting the health of it.
take a look at the photos at the link below to determine if any of these are what you are seeing on the tree.
you can get help on attaching photos from the computer help forum of gardenweb.

Here is a link that might be useful: lichens

o
RE: Red Maple Fungus or Algea

I agree with Jeff, but you can send me your pictures just to be sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here