Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
troyers_gw

Deal of the Day

troyers
18 years ago

Stopped at a yard sale last week and picked up 187 terra cotta and plastic flowerpots and saucers for $2.00 for all. Now, what do I do with all them? Most are 4-10 inches with a few bigger and a few smaller. Keep your eyes posted...I may have a whole bunch to give away soon!

Comments (11)

• bella_harriet
    18 years ago

Gentle Southern I am look for Iris that were popular during the early 1900s. We are in the 2nd stage of landscaping and now I am filling in with flowers of that time. This has been an on going job for the last couple of years. Do you know of a place that I may buy in the bulk or small grouping of Iris? We are in the North Alabama area.
    bella_harriet

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

Oh I would love some. See if I have anything on my exchange list that you would like to trade some for. Next year I am going to let my little girl learn about planting her own plants in little pots and let her decorate them herself.
    Jill

• tweetypye
    18 years ago

I too, am always looking for pots (the nursery kind, especially). See if I have anything on my trade list that you might trade some of them for.

Jan

• troyers
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'd gladly trade, although I don't know where I'd plant another thing..haha...I can always find room. I'm in Jacksonville...are either of you close?

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

I live in Birmingham, thought you might be coming to the swap if not I quess I will pass on them. Wish I could come across a deal like that.
    Jill

• troyers
    Original Author
    18 years ago

loveofmylife680
    I may be coming to Birmingham in the next week or two. If so, I'll let you know and bring you some!

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

Just let me know when ok
    Jill

• tweetypye
    18 years ago

Where exactly is Jacksonville, Troyers? I live in Elmore County, just north of Wetumpka. I have lots of plants potted up, and would love to have you come visit my garden and pick out what you want, for some of the plastic pots, if you are any where near my area.
    Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: My

• troyers
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jacksonville is Calhoun County...Anniston/Oxford area. Wetumpka is near Montgomery, right? I was there yesterday!!

• tweetypye
    18 years ago

Yes, Wetumpka is just north of Montgomery. Wish I'd known you were coming! If you get back down this way, let me know, and maybe we can arrange a trade. My daylily gardens will be in full bloom in a few weeks. I'd love to have you visit. :) I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 named cultivars, not to mention the unknown ones, and my own seedlings.
    Jan

• madabouteu
    18 years ago

I'll be moving to Gadsden in early June... if you still have some then, I'd like them and will pay you the $2 back!