Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For newbies: Where to find Spring swap trade lists, other info

Posted by catbird z7 AL (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 19, 09 at 13:18

I hope some old-timers will chime in with other info. My first swap day was last Fall, so I remember trying to figure it all out.

The forum for Alabama trades isn't easy to find, so here's the link:
Alabama Exchanges Forum

If you're coming to the Spring swap, look at that page to see who has a trade list posted, then click on the link to the person's page, then on the link there to his/her trades page. Email anyone you'd like to arrange a trade with.

Post your list of plants or garden-related items you're bringing and your list of things you want on your trades page. Then go to the exchange page linked above and post a notice there so people will know to look at your list.

Even if you don't have any trades set up in advance, just bring your stuff and come on. Lots of swaps are made on the scene -- or people just give away whatever they have left over.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For newbies: Where to find Spring swap trade lists, other in

What she said!! :)
We're always looking for new folks to trade with....gotta get some new materials mixed in you know. So ya'll newcomers feel free to join us with whatever you might have to bring. I'm sure you'll leave the swap with more than you brought...at least that's my normal experience! :)
So, come on folks, join in the fun. Check out the members trade lists and see all the goodies people have to offer.
Jan

o
RE: For newbies: Where to find Spring swap trade lists, other in

Thanks for the info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here