Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lantana ?

Posted by down2earth (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 07 at 19:07

I grow lantana in my butterfly garden. Is it a heavy feeder or one of the plants that prefers a poorer soil?

d2e

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lantana ?

I've found perennial lantana will grow just about anywhere and in any conditions. It comes up through the cracks between patio blocks and thrives in the heat of the pavers. It grows in a bed next to the greenhouse which was red clay when it was first planted. My lantana (Miss Huff, I think) grows 5 feet tall and as wide. The hotter the better. Drought doesn't seem to affect it. I'm afraid to fertilize it because it may shove the greenhouse off the foundation. - Terry

o
RE: Lantana ?

Hi there,
we just discussed LANTANA over at the Butterfly-Forum and we remarked how easy it is to grow..Once established you can really leave it alone..
Some Members give Lantana a headstart by mixing Chicken Manure in the poil and looking at the picture, it seems to work..Whenever I plant Lantana, I fertilize it while planting it and then just water it until it is established..
Check out our Butterfly-Gardening Forum some time, we have tons of pictures and tips to share..
See you there..
Butterfly-Greetings
Susanne(SUE)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here