Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catbird_gw

Reminder: Etowah Co MG plant sale Apr. 23-24; May 1

catbird
14 years ago

Don't forget the Master Gardeners plant sale in Gadsden this coming Friday (8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.) and Saturday (8:00-5:00). The half price sale will be Saturday, May 1 (8:00-2:00).

We have LOTS of perennials, some shrubs (including camellias, blueberries, and more), small trees, and a whole greenhouse filled with vegetables. We've got 2,000 (I kid you not!) tomatoes of several varieties, 2000 peppers, eggplant, squash, okra, stevia, artichokes, and lots of different herbs. Come stock your summer garden.

The sale, like the plant swap on May 8, will be at the Master Gardeners greenhouses behind the building that houses the Etowah County Board of Education and the Etowah County Extension Center.

For those who have GPS navigation systems the address is 3200 W Meighan Blvd, Gadsden, AL 35904.

For everyone else:

From MONTGOMERY take I65 to I459 in Birmingham; turn right (east) and go all the way around to I59 North toward Gadsden. See * below.

From TUSCALOOSA or BIRMINGHAM, take I59 N to Gadsden. See * below.

From TALLADEGA, take 77 N to intersection with I59. Turn onto I59 N (sign will say toward Chattanooga). See * below

* FROM I59: There are three exits in the Gadsden area. Go to Exit 183, which is actually in Attalla.

Exit right, go straight across the first intersection (Cleveland/Forrest Avenue) and the railroad track.

Turn right (east) onto Meighan Blvd/HY431/278 toward Gadsden. Go 1.2 miles.

YouÂll pass N 33rd St. , then Daystar Church on the right.

Just past the church, turn right through the gate and follow the parking lot around the left of the Etowah County School Board office. Head for the greenhouses straight in front of you.

From HUNTSVILLE/GUNTERSVILLE/BOAZ: Take US-431 South through Attalla. After you pass under I59, go 1.2 miles. (YouÂll be on Meighan Blvd.)

Pass N 33rd St. , then Daystar Church on the right. Just past the church, turn right through the gate and follow the parking lot around the left of the Etowah County School Board office. Head for the greenhouses straight in front of you.

Comment (1)

Sponsored