Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greenhouse Clearance & Plant Dig at Terry's

Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 22:47

Hi all,

Terry's family has contacted me about cleaning out his greenhouse. The date is Sunday, May 1st, beginning at 10:00am.

There will be Key Lime trees, lemon and orange trees, and tropical hibiscus, in addition to others. Also, several plants in the yard have been tagged and can be removed, so be sure to bring a shovel, pots, soil and water. Terry also had lots of pots available in case you don't have extras.

In case you didn't know Terry, he was a founding member of the Central Alabama Plant Swap, and a great friend to all who knew him. He passed away unexpectedly in December of 2010, and left behind a grieving, beloved family, along with a greenhouse containing some of his most special plants. It is his family's wish to share his plants with those who can take care of them as he did, which is why they are being so generous.

Also, there are some kerosene heaters for sale, along with a humongous "bird-of-paradise". Everything else if free (although a card or someting would be in order - that's just me).

The address is 771 Cambridge Road in Hueytown. If anyone has any further questions feel free to contact me here.

Nelson

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greenhouse Clearance & Plant Dig at Terry's

• Posted by jcalhoun 8b Mobile County AL (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 19:11

Unfortunately, I will be at work.

Thanks for the offer, effort, and please give my condolences to the family.

o

• Posted by idig 7b (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 22:06

Hi Nelson. I would like to come, just to see his passion even if I don't take anything home. Count me in.

o

Nelson, is the event at Terry's still on? Did they have any tornado damage?

o

waiting to hear if the dig is on after the storm... I will be with idig

o

• Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 30, 11 at 15:20

I talked to Sylvia after the storm and they sustained no damage whatsoever, so Jan & I will look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at Terry's.

Nelson

o

It will be after church but I will see you there

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here