Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pfllh

rocks !!!

pfllh
17 years ago

Now that I've seen other gardeners' ponds and how they landscaped with rock and the really nice one Jill gave me, I want some.

Anyone around Prattville know where I can go get some free large rocks without getting arrested. heh heh

Thanks

Lynn

Comments (10)

• john_trussville
    17 years ago

I know gas ain't cheap these days, but I'd take a ride around the area & be on the lookout for new construction sites & you'll probably see piles of rocks that have been unearthed during site prep. If you ask the construction mgr, they'll probably almost pay you to haul off whatever you want. If you lived closer I'd invite you & your shovel over to my place. Sometimes it seems like I have more rocks than dirt.

• pfllh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I appreciate the offer. I'll have to check around.
    Thanks
    Lynn

• tsmith2579
    17 years ago

Girl friend, you got to move nortward. I'm going this weekend to Hwy 150 to get rocks. They are putting a pipeline in and crossed a creek where the banks had been lined with rocks by the WPA back in the 1930s. That good rock is just laying around waiting to be rescued, for historical purposes, of course. Also, a pipeline is being laid across the top of Oak Mountain on Hwy 280. When it gets to where I can get to them, I'm going to collect a few of them.

• pfllh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Terry, I like the warmer temps here too much to trade for rocks. How did you find out about it. I thought of calling the conservation department and ask or put an ad in our local Bulletin Board magazine where people advertise just about anything.
    I'll keep looking though.
    Lynn

• wannab
    17 years ago

Long drive for roaks?? We love rocks to axcent our flower/shrubs. On the gulf coast there are NO rocks, that we have seen anyhow. So each year when we return to our winter home, I always manage to sneak two or three special rocks into the back of the truck.Here in N Mi. we have tons of them left from the glacier's passing.

• pfllh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

If I were back home in Nebraska, I could get some good rocks from around the canyons. I'm going to try to go in the fall to see momma so may find some if I have the time.
    Isn't it funny how in years past we got the rocks out and got rid of them and now we search for them!!

• tsmith2579
    17 years ago

How did I find out about the rocks? Well, I drive 60 miles round-trip daily to and from work. I go by these places daily. I can hardly wait for the road should barriers to come down so I can get to the ones on Hwy 280. The ones on Hwy 150 can be reached by truck; Lord knows I tried!

• pfllh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well if you drive that far, you deserve them. I'll just have to find a simpler way. Drive carefully.
    Lynn

• kathyinalabama
    17 years ago

tsmith,
    Where on 150? I'd like some rocks as well. Thank you :)

• gw:birdie-in-bama
    17 years ago

Would love to find the spot you are talking about off of 150. Any directions?

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio