Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pfllh

swap friends

pfllh
15 years ago

Thank you all for coming to our home for the swap. It meant more than I can say. The last 7 weeks have been hard but all of you lifted my spirits.

I consider you all my friends and are very special to me. Laughter is good for the soul and we had a lot of that. The plants were beautiful gifts and greatly appreciated that you gave me. I couldn't believe the way cars and trucks were loaded full of plants to exchange. Looked like everyone was moving their yard!!!

Thanks so much for a very wonderful day spent with friends. God Bless.

Lynn

PS I still think you all should have taken some baby frogs home. :O)

Comments (9)

• tnrwnr
    15 years ago

Thanyou Lynn for having us to your home. It is very beautiful. I enjoyed myself very much yesterday. It was so good to see old friends,make new ones, and learn more about plants. I really appreciate all of the generosity from you all , I ended up with a jeep full of new to me, very exciting plants. I have been on line this morning looking up the ones that I was not familiar with, which was a long list, but I have learned alot about them. I am taking today off, but will start getting them in their new homes tomorrow!!! I have a question for frog lady, you gave me a plant yesterday , and we forgot to put a name label on it, you showed me a picture of the beautiful pink flowers that it has, and said sometimes they are white. Could you please post the name, would be appreciated!! :>)

Anyway, thanks again to our hostess, and to all of you for making my day so sunny. This is the first year without the kids, not even one. My flowers will have to be there for me now!!

As always,
    Happy gardening,
    Tina

• ourhighlandhome
    15 years ago

Lynn,

Thanks again for such a great day and for lunch! I know you were worried about attendance beforehand, but the many people who showed up is a testimony to how much you mean to everyone. You are very much loved!

I'm looking forward to coming back down your way soon and taking a more extensive tour of your property. And yes, if you'll feed them little suckers and fatten them up, I'll take a carload of toads back home to help with the insects! ;-)

Happy Mother's Day, friend!

Nelson

• browneyedsusan_gw
    15 years ago

Dear Lynn,

Thanks for opening your home and heart to us. We had a wonderful day! It was lovely to see you again and all our other gardening friends. I hope Phil gets well soon and that you can get some rest. Happy Mother's Day!

Love,
    Susan and Chris

• tweetypye
    15 years ago

I want to add my "Thank You" in here too, Lynn. In light of all the problems you've been dealing with, it was wonderful of you to host the swap this spring. We all had a great time trading, chatting, and eating. You're the best, and you're very much appreciated for all your efforts. I hope you've had a beautiful Mother's Day, and I'll keep Phil and you in my prayers.
    Take care and God bless you,
    Jan

• tedevore
    15 years ago

Yes, Happy mother's day Lynn! It was very nice meeting your daughter.
    You have a beautiful place there. I hope we can visit sometime again when you
    have a chance to get your energy up-- we'll all be thinking of you!

Todd

• birdlady_10
    15 years ago

I echo all the above,Lynn.You are way more special to us than you realize.I bless the day I found gardenweb Alabama.You & the others have filled my life with friendship & love.And let's not forget the plants! Happy Mother's Day to you Lynn. Love you. Jan

• lsmcw
    15 years ago

Lynn, you're the best. Thank you for your hospitality and the beautiful surroundings for our get-together. And next time, I'll take frogs AND tadpoles !!! Linda

• loveofmylife680
    15 years ago

Lynn, you are the best. My little girl would of loved some frogs for our small pond.

• roseyp8255
    15 years ago

yes Lynn, we all enjoyed it - i can't wait to come back and get some of those lilies! and of course, monkeygrass! Michelle and i both agreed that once things settle down for you & Phil, ya'll will just have to come over here and dig.

Thanks again for having us, and for lunch!
    Rosey