Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too late for Marigolds

Posted by queenamy Zone Seven (amyausbun@aol.com) on
Tue, May 8, 07 at 11:18

Is it too late for me to plant marigolds? What about other flowers? I have a lot of flower seeds to get in the ground, and I have not been able to do it before now. Is it too late?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too late for Marigolds

they will just be later coming into flower. marigolds love warm weather!
you should have flowers from those and your seeds when most of the ones put out earlier have played out(unless they are seeds that are spring-flowering in which case you may want to hold them until fall). keep them well-watered since it has been so dry and summer heat hasn't really arrived yet.
i am still putting in summer annuals myself. just can't bring myself to pull up some pansies that still look great! ;-)

o

Thanks! I will get them in the ground this weekend.

o

It is not too late to sow seeds of them either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here