Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
topsiebeezelbub

anything different for shade?

topsiebeezelbub
15 years ago

Touring garden centers I seem to see less variety and more of the tried and true...but I seek adventure! Has anyone any unusual plant ideas for my shade garden? I will try seed or plants, want perenials, and something different for a change. I,m wondering if anyone else has noticed the lack of variety in your area...am thinking about raising some rare things to sell to other bored gardeners. If enough of us started our own unusual plants we could do more trading, too. PS. I'm zone 7.

Comments (3)

• loveofmylife680
    15 years ago

I bought this from a mail order because I want some color in the shade. Hope it gets big this year, it already has some little red buds on it. Hope to have some to share next year or the 3rd year in the ground. It is only a year old plant so I do not know how long it takes to put out seeds.

Jill

• lsmcw
    15 years ago

YES ! I found a new book at the library called Southern Shade. I was so excited until I opened it. I have probably 95% of the plants listed and the ones I don't have are because I don't want them. Nothing new AT ALL. Linda

• michelleswonders
    15 years ago

Have you tried Petals of the Past in Jemison? They have a large selection of heirloom and unusual plants. I have bought several plants from them and am very pleased with the quality. Jason, the owner, is great in helping you find that special little something for your garden. Michelle

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus