Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm back

Posted by flowersrme z7AL (My Page) on
Thu, May 7, 09 at 12:10

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Who remembers me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm back

I don't think that I have met you, but I have a seven month old 3/4 Pom 1/4 Chihuahua that is also trying very hard to fill that empty spot caused when my daughter moved out. She is such a joy (well, actually, both the daughter AND the dog are a joy-LOL!!). Welcome back....hope to see you at the fall swap....

o

Welcome back. An empty nest isn't all bad. It's fun to see life through your children's eyes as they go out into the world and if you love gardening, you'll find plenty to keep you busy. You might want to sign up to take the Master Gardener class in your area. You'll learn a lot, have fun, and make great contacts with other gardeners.

Here is a link that might be useful: Info about Master Gardener classes

o

Oh that empty nest thing was when I first signed up yrs back. I got out for awhile due to the grandbaby being born and my daughter going thru a divorce. We live in different states. I used to go to the spring and fall trades. I think its been 3yrs since I been. I used to have so many plants but not anymore. I had a couple of var brugs but they didn't come back. I think it was snowbank and maya. Had lots of different ears. Maybe they died from lack of water or not hardy or weeds choking them out . when you are gone from home for awhile the weeds love you. have to have the allergy test done. Highly allergic to cats and dogs so my co worker has all 3 of my babies and now I have 10 kittens and the 2 mama cats are not even mine. My husband told me not to feed them but they were hungry. 2 of them has a bob tail. what am I going to do?

o

I remember you. Didn't you go out west? Welcome back! Can we count on you for the Fall swap? You just missed a great swap. - Terry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here