Mon, May 12, 08 at 12:57

anyone around B'ham area grow this one?

or see it for sale around here?

Here is a link that might be useful: palm leaf begonia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Palm Leaf Begonia - 'Begonia Luxurians'

I'll go ahead & bump this off the top.

I didn't get much of a response on other boards, either. Not very many nurseries seem to grow it, perhaps because of its rather insignificant, white bloom or maybe the reason could be that its not the easiest plant to grow... as some claim it doesn't do well in summer heat. I'm still intrigued by its unique foliage & may give it a try.

o
RE: Palm Leaf Begonia - 'Begonia Luxurians'

I need your help. I'm wondering why not my new Luxurans is growing. New buds have come but they become dry and dropped. There are two leaves only remain.
I love Luxurarians and bought two months ago that is one foot hight and I potted into a bigger pot, watering almost every other day.
My apartment is directed to east and geting morning sun trough shade filtered windowpane. I live in zone #10 San Diego.
I thought Luxurians is a parfect house plant for me.
I'm now trying to spray water several times a day and more new buds come but they never grow.
Please some advices. Thank you.
Wizardhiro

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here