loweral8b

Finally!

loweral8b
16 years ago

It's raining in Mobile! yeah rain!

Comments (7)

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Glad to hear it...send some of it on up to Wetumpka....it's dry as a bone here! Hope you get a good soaking...;o)
    Jan

• alabamanicole
    16 years ago

Glad you guys are getting some. It's overcast (and smoky, too) today... now I know why. I even swore I heard a distant roll of thunder. The weather gurus have upp'ed our changes for rain from Friday all the way through Monday. Rain on and off all weekend would be FANTASTIC!

• feathertrader
    16 years ago

We got 6 INCHES on Thursday!!!

Weathermen were reporting 2 and 3 inches, then later 5. But several people reported 6 in our area of Lillian.

It caused some flooding but drained off pretty fast too.

Much needed as we are in drought so won't complain in how we got it.

But oh how I have enjoyed walking the property today. The trees, the shrubs the flowers, the grass all looked so much better from it.

Hearing our neighbors north of us were to get some today, hope if you are reading this you are one of them (if you need it)

• Bamateacha
    16 years ago

So glad for those of you lucky enough to get rain. Officially, we got .25 inches of rain for the month of May. But the one day a few weeks back when most of that rain fell was a bust for us here at our home. The rain started about two miles east of us and moved eastward. :(

I'm hoping that we get some of that rain this weekend. The weather station reports a 20% to 30% chance through the early part of next week.

I'm worried that our outdoor water restrictions will go to a total ban like a neighboring county just did. 1st offense- $1000 fine. 2nd offense- $5000 fine. 3rd offense- 10 days jail time. I'm already using the bath water to water the pots on our front porch and back deck.

• alabamanicole
    16 years ago

Waaah... no fair! It's been thundering all day and not a DROP of rain...

• roseyp8255
    16 years ago

we didn't get any. i am so glad that Barry gave GA the rain though and put a dent in the wildires - the smoke was AWFUL all the way over here in central AL. Having said that, i am ready for another good tropical storm like Barry - one that will come our way. DON'T want a hurricane - but another Barry would be great!

• mimidi
    16 years ago

Great news about the rain. Sure would like to see some around my place.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting