Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madabouteu

Bad weather, great meet

madabouteu
10 years ago

The weather may have been miserable, but the people - as usual - were warm and it was a wonderful ,morning. I enjoyed seeing everyone again - and meeting Tony for the first time! Also Danielle and her family.

Kenneth

Comments (8)

• plantman71
    10 years ago

Loved the swap. Got rid of some extras and got me some nice plants. Got to see old friends and made some new ones. Now its time to take a nap and get ready to start playing in the mud. Good lunch also. People who like plants who don't come to the swap are a little crazy. You can find any kind of plant there, except the crazy weed.

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

Agreed! Cool weather, warm friends, and hot trades. As dismal as the day started, by afternoon the sun popped out and it turned out to be one of the best swaps in recent memory.

Thanks to everyone for your fellowship and generosity!

Nelson

• catbird
    10 years ago

Those of us who don't live in the Birmingham area got rained on all the way to about the Jefferson County line, but the rain had stopped before we got to Oak Mountain. COLD and windy is better than COLD and rainy, so we were just thankful to be able to spread out our plants, swap, and visit without drowning. Lots of fun, food, and friends. Oh, and plants, too. ;-)

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

It was great to see all of you again despite the rain. I thoroughly enjoyed the swap. I will spend the next several evenings walking around the yard looking for the perfect place for every plant. Thanks everyone!

Susan.

• beckyg56
    10 years ago

I'm new to the gardening forums. Sounds like a great event. Would someone tell me about it?

• catbird
    10 years ago

Becky: Welcome to the forum and by all means plan to come to the Fall swap on October 5. We get together twice a year at Oak Mountain State Park in Birmingham. Everyone brings an assortment of plants, pots, seeds, garden ornaments, anything garden related. Be sure all plants are potted if possible and clearly labeled. We'll be posting lists of things we have to swap and things we want so people can arrange some swaps ahead of time if they want to, but a lot of trading is just done after we arrive. We'll also start a thread for planning dishes to bring for lunch. You'll enjoy lots of plants, nice people, good food, and fun. Go back to the Alabama forum and look for the thread that's already going about plans for the Fall swap.

• beckyg56
    10 years ago

That sounds like fun! I have good friends in Birmingham who love gardeningI'm going to mention this to them, too!

• catbird
    10 years ago

Great. Come and bring all your friends. We'd love to have you.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner