Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need some help locating some plants

Posted by kgroves Alabama (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 16:45

I live in Foley, Alabama and am trying to find some moonflower plants, the ones that look more like a shrub and not the vine type. I had some several years ago when I lived somewhere else and would love to find some for my yard here. Also, any help locating tropical pitcher plants (nepenthes) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need some help locating some plants

Not sure what plant you ar looking for...Datura? Easily grown from seed. Give us more imfo,

o

Petals from the Past in Jemison sells picture plants.

o

Brugmansia?

o

Kgroves, perhaps if you describe the flower of this plant that remains in your memory, someone will be able to accurately identify it for you.

You NEVER know where you will see pitcher plants! I've seen them at Wal-Mart. It would not be unusual for any good privately owned garden center to carry them.

o

I have a morning glory bush that has purple flowers on it...it hasn't seeded yet but I can send you a cutting to root maybe...we are also growing different types of pitcher plants but we have just started them so if they live and work out for us we may be able to send some of those too...just keep us in mind for later on in case we forget and remind me :)

o

For Nepenthes, you no doubt will have to purchase them through the mail. I have done business with California Carnivores and was pleased with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here