Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daffodillady

Wonderful Swap today!!

daffodillady
14 years ago

I just wanted to say thanks again for all of the great plants that were shared with me today!! It was a pleasure to see all of the "oldies" and a real treat to meet so many "newbies". I am so looking forward to the fall swap already- LOL!! Well, I'm off to pot up all of my new beauties before the storm comes in....Hugs, Beth

Comments (17)

• cdposey26
    14 years ago

I agree I enjoyed it, although I felt a little lame with not having much to offer and coming home with a truck full. Thank you all for your generosity and I do look forward to the fall and I hope to have a few more things to trade. Again thanks.

• tweetypye
    14 years ago

It was indeed a wonderful swap, my sister and my daughter both enjoyed it and want to come back with things of their own to swap next time. :)
    Everyone was very generous as usual and I'm sharing my bounty with my sister so she sends thanks too. :)
    Sorry we missed everyone at Smokey Hollow but we stayed at the nursery so long it was getting late and time for us to be headed home.
    Thanks again for all the wonderful plants. Ya'll have truly helped to make my garden beautiful.
    See ya next time.
    Jan

• tedevore
    14 years ago

It was a great day. sorry to Joyce and anyone else that i was supposed to bring liatris to. I will have big pots for fall swap or if you live in the b'ham area I could bring it to you. I got so many bulbs from joyce and others (whered y'all get so many bulbs?) I have to figure out where to put them.

See you next time,

Todd

• tsmith2579
    14 years ago

As always it was great. First of all, it was great to see everyone again and to meet new friends. I want to say thanks to everyone who gave me plants and swapped with me. Lunch was fun. Beth's fried green tomatoes looked good and I wish I had ordered them instead of French fires. We went back to PFTP after lunch and shopped. They had a full parking lot when we left, even after the rain. As I passed Jason Powell during the rain I told him you could tell the hard-core gardeners because rain didn't deter them at all. - Terry & Sylvia

• catbird
    14 years ago

It was great fun! I'm looking forward to the fall swap, too.

Just looking at the crowd at Petals, all with wagons full of plants, it's hard to believe we're in a big recession. Jason says he thinks people are making a healthy choice to retreat to their gardens to weather the problems. It IS cheaper than a psychiatrist. He also says people are growing a lot more vegetables, as I have heard from other sources.

• heaven4441
    14 years ago

Wanted to say how much I enjoyed attending the swap yesterday. It was my first time to be there, and it was great! Very nice to meet all the people behind the names, and everyone's generosity was absolutely amazing. (I just wish more people had wanted to trade for books, I felt so bad taking stuff without giving anything in return.) But I have things already potted for the fall swap, they just weren't ready for this one. I think gardeners must be some of the greatest people that were ever put on this earth.

• red50
    14 years ago

Hi to all, My first swap, it was nice to meet everyone. Thanks to all who swapped plants with me. I'm anxious to get things in the ground, but with last night's rain & today's, it will have to wait. I did manage to stick the cuttings that I got. Thanks, Shana
    Thanks to Susan, the first person that I arranged a swap with. And Terry for being so generous in sharing plants & knowledge.
    Todd, its OK about the liatris, we can do the swap in the fall. I really looking forward to seeing the Japanese anemone in bloom.
    Jan, I was worried that I would get 'hooked' on dayliles if I studied upon them.
    Where did the bulbs come from you ask? The place we live on has been in my husbands' family for years. The house is the third to be build here, the other two burn. And then the old rental house site had some bulbs & shrubs that I moved. It was torn down in the 1960's. Jimmy has told me about the winter that he & his parents had to stay there, (after the house burn the second time)the snow was on the bed covers, because the boards on the walls were so wide apart. Thank goodness we don't still build them that way.
    I think that I only dug up a fourth of the bulbs in the yard. So plenty for the fall swap. Joyce

• sinai
    14 years ago

I so sorry I wasn't able to come to meet all you folks but I'm so glad to hear everyone had such a nice time and came home with lots of beautiful plants.....One thing for sure the folks at Petals are really nice to deal with about anything.....Hope to get to meet all of you in person at the fall swap maybe.....

Paul from Alabama

• madabouteu
    14 years ago

I hadf a great time too! it's hard to imagine aore congenial and generous group.

I told some people I would try to get more penstemon for them, but I found out that the Master Gardener sale that same day - our half price sale - was wildly successful, we essentially sold everything but the cash box! I will save seed, though, and hope to have some next spring. PFTP had some of it also, nicer than mine (big surprise!)

• airydana
    14 years ago

My first swap ever of any kind, what a delight! Awesome meeting so many nice new friends and hearing good gardening stories. I can't believe everyone's generosity - just restores something important in my soul I think. Lunch was wonderful, PTFP was a nice find off the main path, and I can't wait for the fall swap! Thanks to all who shared stuff with me and reached out to me as a newbie.

Dana

• browneyedsusan_gw
    14 years ago

It was nice to have so many new people at the swap. I enjoyed meeting my old friends and eating at Smokey Hollow. What a wonderful day!
    Susan

• michelleswonders
    14 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know I had a great time and appreciate all the goodies. I enjoyed meeting and visiting with all the new people and old friends. I can not wait to the Fall Swap. Thank You for a great Day!!!!!

Michelle

• idig
    14 years ago

Just want to add to all the thanks being spread around here! I had hoped to have lunch to get a chance to visit and meet some of the new folks, but the babies had enough and were ready for the long nap on the ride home. Hopefully this fall I will get a chance to eat with all of you!

Joyce, Let me know if any of the O. fragrans cuttings root! I will be glad to give you more later if you think you'll have a better chance then.

Terry, I have you down for a bigger pot of Bletilla this fall.

Tedevore, email me and we can meet up to get you a bletilla.

There are too many thanks to mention each by name! I have so many new treasures. Most made it in the ground before Sundays storms and so have been watered in well!

Look forward to Fall and seeing everyone again.

Shana

• browneyedsusan_gw
    14 years ago

Jill, Please tell me the name of the daylily you brought me. I've forgotten.
    Thanks,
    Susan.

• flowersrme
    14 years ago

Hey everyone remember me? I just came back sorry I missed the swap. Was one of my favorite things to do each year, well twice a year that is. I know browneyesusan remembers me, what a sweet lady.

• shaybass
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Don't know if any of you remember me, it's been a few years. Had some health and family problems that have kept me away from gardening, but things are getting better and Charlie and I are getting back into the yard. Sounds like ya'll had a great Spring Swap with many wonderful things! Hope Charlie and I can make the Fall one. I have excess crinum, sedum, loads of excess pond/water plants and others I will try to get ready for the Fall Swap.
    We hope to see you all then, Sharon and Charlie

• tsmith2579
    14 years ago

Hi, Shay. I wondered where you have been. I thought maybe y'll moved. Are you still in West Alabama? Good to hear from you.

Terry

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz