Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rayama_gw

repeat blooming daylilies

rayama
14 years ago

I am looking for some repeat-blooming daylilies. I have Stella, May May, On and On and a few others. I want them to complement my rose bed, so small plants are good, and small flowers are fine. What varieties do y'all have that you like? Is anyone willing to trade? I have some white irises, purple irises, and some repeating Earl of Essex irises to trade, plus rose cuttings if you're interested.

PS: Stella isn't blooming yet. One of the others is. I live on Shades Mountain, so is it an altitude thing? I see beds full of Stella in bloom and I am horribly jealous.

Comments (2)

• browneyedsusan_gw
    14 years ago

I have "Black eyed Stella" and "Pardon me" which I would like to trade for May May and On and On. Please let me know if you are interested.

Susan.

• kabby_z8
    14 years ago

Rayama, I am done trading for now but I went through my mini/small flowered daylilies and this is what I came up with. I eliminated those that weren't rebloomers.
    IRISH ELF(HUDSON, 1978) height 14", bloom 2.25", season EM, Rebloom, Evergreen, Diploid, Lemon yellow self
    YOU ANGEL YOU Stamile-G., 1993) height 15", bloom 2", season M, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Double , Cream with red eyezone
    PIXIE PLEASURE (Stamile-G., 1998) height 21", bloom 2.5", season M, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Mauve purple with blue lavender watermark edged in fuchsia
    MARY ETHEL ANDERSON (Salter-E.H., 1995) height 18", bloom 2.5", season ML, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Cream with red eye
    TINY TALISMAN (HUDSON, 1982) height 16", bloom 2.25", season M, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Ivory buff with raisin plum eyezone
    SUMMER DRAGON (Salter-E.H., 1998) height 24", bloom 2.75", season M, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Yellow gold with red and eye and edge
    TROPICAL DELIGHT (Stamile-G., 1996) height 10", bloom 2", season EM, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Double , Rose coral blend
    DEAD RINGER (Salter-E.H., 1991) height 20", bloom 2.75", season ML, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Rose pink with red purple eyezone
    BROADWAY ACCENT (Stamile-G., 1995) height 16", bloom 2.87", season M, Rebloom, Dormant, Tetraploid, Cream with bright red eyezone
    SEA SIREN (Salter-E.H., 1993) height 18", bloom 2.5", season M, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Lavender with silver lavender blue eyezone
    LITTLE WINE CUP (Carter-Powell, 1966) height 20", bloom 2", season E, Rebloom, Dormant, Diploid, Wine self
    SMALL GESTURE (Stamile-G., 1997) height 16", bloom 2.5", season M, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Double , Melon pink blend with rose eyezone
    TWO TO TANGO (Stamile-G., 1996) height 20", bloom 3", season EM, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Double , Salmon rose blend
    CRYSTAL BLUE PERSUASION (Salter-E.H., 1996) height 18", bloom 2.75", season M, Rebloom, Evergreen, Diploid, Pale lavender with slate blue pencil edge magenta eyezone
    BERTIE (Salter-E.H., 1998) height 24", bloom 3.5", season EM, Rebloom, Semi-Evergreen, Tetraploid, Yellow with washed blue violet eye edged violet and green throat

You can go to Tinker's database and find pics of most.
    I don't think it's an altitude thing about why you aren't getting blooms. My thoughts are 1. not enough sun, or 2 the clumps are too large and need dividing. Also the more you water, the better your rebloom will be.
    Kabby

Here is a link that might be useful: Tinker's Database