Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daffodillady

Great and enjoyable swap-as usual

daffodillady
13 years ago

It was wonderful to see old friends and meet new ones. I sure came home with a lot more than I had planned on- but they will help to make up for the winter losses- and will all be much loved. Gadsden is a pretty town. I am looking forward to spending a weekend there sometime and exploring it further. The meal at the Fish Market was the best that we've had yet- imho. Hugs and blessings to you all!! Beth

Comments (11)

• sinai
    13 years ago

I second all what Beth said.....It was certainly nice meeting so many new people and seeing old aquaintances. Thanks to Alice and Kenneth for putting it all together....I can't remember the ladies name who gave me the big black container to make a bog with but thanks ever so much......and to the alabugtamer and his wife much thanks and appreciation for not only the plants but for sharing your knowledge and experience with me, I am so excited about making my first bog garden.....I ain't even going to begin to tell you how happy my wife was when I told her I got two yellow water lilies....She asked me, "how in the world did you manage to do that"?...."Shoot honey, shrewd trading, you married a shrewd trader"......I didn't mention that you folks told me to just take whatever I wanted but lets not tell the Mrs.......:)

Enjoyed a great morning with you folks, thanks again,

Paul

• tsmith2579
    13 years ago

Thank you, Alice, Ken and Etowah county for hosting the swap. It was a beautiful site for the swap. The shade was much welcomed. I had a great time. Unfortunately I could not stay for lunch. I hope Etowah count BOE will allow us to come back. Until next time ... Terry

• shaybass
    13 years ago

I second Terry. It was a Beautiful site and the shade was wonderful!! Charlie & I had a great time, were just sorry we couldn't stay for the Fish Market, maybe next time!

See ya'll next time! Sharon

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    13 years ago

ditto, ditto, and again ditto. My daughter, Melody, is still talking about all the fun she had and my Aunt Frances was just beaming. Thank you all for everything. I hope to touch base with some of you soon and I will see everyone at the fall swap. Peggy

• alabugtamer
    13 years ago

Thanks to everyone for making my first swap a great one. We had so much fun and enjoyed meeting all of you. Everyone was so generous and nice. I feel like I got more than my share. I hope to make it to the fall swap. I am planning now what I can bring. I have giant Hosta varieties. Maybe they will be huge and I can divide them.
    The plants I recieved were so nice and when they grow I will remember EVERY one of you when I look at them....What a great day...Thanks to all.....Have a Blessed Summer!!!!

• birdlady_10
    13 years ago

YES! Thanks to Kenneth & Alice for being such a wonderful host & hostess.Such a nice spot.I love this going to different places.Sorry Nelson didn't get to make it--sure missed him.Now to get busy planting & making plans for what to bring in the fall :o).Loved seeing all of you & see you in the fall. Jan

• browneyedsusan_gw
    13 years ago

I enjoyed seein all of you again. I especeilly enjoyed our conversation over lunch. Thanks for all the plants as well.

Susan.

• madabouteu
    13 years ago

I'm sure I can speak for Alice as well as myself in saying that we are very happy that everyone enjoyed the swap. The weather certainly cooperated! It was so nice, as always, to see everyone again.

• catbird
    13 years ago

You're more than welcome and we'd love to have you back any time. There's a new nursery here that I want to check out this week. It might be a good place to meet sometime. I'll post what I learn about it. We missed Nelson and a few others, and those who didn't make it to lunch missed a real treat.

I left for Nashville right after lunch to help my daughter finish moving and get settled in her new apartment, so I haven't even started planting all the goodies. At least they're all still alive and I can't wait to dig in! ;-)

• idig
    13 years ago

So sorry I had to miss this one! The weather was certainly gorgeous for you.

Thanks to littlehelper for swapping for me for trillium and making sure I got a jar of muscadine jam!

Looking forward to the fall swap and seeing everyone again!

• AmeliaD
    13 years ago

Most swaps seem to be in N. Alabama - a friend and I are considering a fall swap about 75 miles south of Montgomery - about 1/2 way between Montgomery and Mobile - any interest? We've never done one before but we are trainable!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor