Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stella de Oro

Posted by beckyeaves (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 08 at 19:24

I have some Stellas that I absolutely love....mine are all yellow. Is there any other color that blooms over and over like the Stella and if so, where could I find them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stella de Oro

Becky, Go to the daylily forum and you will get a bunch of info and can see pics of alot of them. I got into daylilies about 5 years ago [thanks to Jan]and still have alot to learn but I now have at least 50 to 75 different ones that bloom at different times. Jan[ tweetypie] has a million it seems and she has alot of info and experience.
Jill

o

Thanks for the info!

o

Becky, go to Myer's Nursery on Hwy 31 in Pelham. It is a couple of blocks north of the Olde Tyme Pottery store, next to Anthony's Carwash. Stewart has a number of mini-everblooming daylilies and different colors. They are great people down there and very helpful. I bought a couple of red ones last year. They have yellow, gold and red and I think there is now purple.

o

Hi Becky,

there are many repeat blooming varieties available though they may not all be as prolific as Stella. As Jill said the daylily forum is a great resource. If there are any specific varieties you want to research more you can also go to db.tinkersgardens.com and enter the variety name in the "cultivar" field. It will usually bring up additional information on size, bloom time and whether it is a repeat bloomer, extended bloomer, etc... Some varieties may be repeat bloomers in some parts of the country but not necessarily others so be aware of that.

Some of the more commonly sold rebloomers other than Stella De Oro that have been around a while are 'Happy Returns' (lemon yellow) 'Black Eyed Stella' (yellow with a red eye zone) and 'Pardon Me' (very red and one of my favorites). I've heard of some like 'Rosy Returns' and others in that series but they may be newer and more expensive or harder to find for sale locally.

Sincerely, Danielle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here