Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too late to move phlox 'David'?

Posted by sinai 7/Alabama (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 07 at 20:45

I was wondering if its too late to move a group of phlox "David"......I've heard that you can move just about anything anytime if you give it enough water etc.....but was wondering how it might effect blooming this year etc.....There are no buds formed on the plants yet but they are healthy looking and about 2 feet tall....thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice on this.
Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too late to move phlox 'David'?

Paul I have moved phlox for years whenever I felt like it. They have never died. The only thing is they will need water.

o

• Posted by sinai 7/Alabama (My Page) on
    Tue, May 29, 07 at 23:31

Thank you mimidi......I moved them and so far things look fine......I watered them good the night before moving them and watered them well since then, even put up a beach umbrella over them the first day or two during the hottest part of the day. Again thanks for your help.

Paul

o

Sounds like you have everything covered. You might not get the huge head of blooms this year but there should be no problem with the plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here