Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Place to Purchase Herb Plants

Posted by alisonfromalabama Z7Montevallo,AL (My Page) on
Wed, May 3, 06 at 22:06

Hello :). I am going to try planting some herb plants this year. I am especially interested in planting calendula and lavender. Could someone please recommend a nursery that carries these plants? I'm just a bit south of Birmingham and will be traveling to the Gulf this weekend so anything in Loxley, Robertsdale, Foley, Fairhope or between here and there will do. I'm also going to be looking for brugmansia and datura. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Alison

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Place to Purchase Herb Plants

stop by petals from the past nursery in jemison. it will be off the only jemison exit on interstate 65 going south.
after the exit, take a right onto the paved road and watch for a sign at the bottom of the hill. take that left (i think it is at a barbecue house) and go a couple of miles.
will be on the left going up a hill.
good nursery, friendly folks with a great selection of plants of all kinds.

o

You can also stop at Davis' Nursery that will be on your left just on the southside of Robertsdale.

I actually got some great lavender plants at Lowe's in Foley a couple of years ago. Lowe's had 4-5 different varieties. I got one called cotton lavendar (not quite as hardy as some) but it smells just like fresh laundry coming off the clothes line.

o

Thanks for the tips :). I actually already visited Petals from The Past. Jason said he had angel trumpets in the field but not ready to bring in. I did stop by Davis Nursery, and I found about a 3 feet tool brugmansia with several blooms on it that will open soon for only $12.95! Wow! And I saw a cape honeysuckle that I just had to have. I can just picture the hummingbirds and butterflies around it now. It may not survive winter in Montevallo. It says it's only hardy to about 32 degrees, but maybe with really good protection, lots of much....or maybe I'll dig it up and bring it in for the winter. It was $15.95 for a huge 3 gallon pot and I'm sure that it will bring me $15.95 worth of pleasure, just this season, even it doesn't make it through the winter :).

Alison

Alison

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here