Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamabamboo

New Member here (Near Cullman)

bamabamboo
15 years ago

Hello All...just found this website and joined. LOTS of great info here.

As you can see by my username I'm into bamboo and anything tropical.

My family owns a LARGE nursery in Plantersville, AL. but I'm just recently getting into Gardening and growing plants.

I guess you can say, Its in the blood....

anyway, its great to be here.....I hope I can contribute something to this forum.....

OH, by the way....I'm looking for some Wax Myrtles....anybody have any ideas???

Thanks,

Cyrus H. Bearden

Comments (5)

• loveofmylife680
    15 years ago

Welcome Cyrus,You will enjoy this website alot. There is a forum for just about every plant or topic. I used to live in Cullman for a few years and loved it just to far to drive to work everyday. I bet Terry has some wax myrtles, he has something of everything. We have a plant swap twice a year you will have to attend. Here is a hint for this site if you want to see if there has beed a discussion on something you can type it in the search box and any forum that has discussed that will show up.
    Jill Bearden

• john_trussville
    15 years ago

Cyrus, welcome to the mighty GW. I too share your passion for bamboo & anything else with a tropical appearance. I only have two species of bamboo (Moso & Blue Henon), but lots of other plants (mostly palms, bananas, gingers, EEs, ornamental grasses etc) that give my place a Florida feel for most of the year. What kind of tropicals & bamboo do you grow?

In the past I've seen wax myrtles at two nurserys in Birmingham: Hannah's Garden Shop out on Hwy 280 (991-2939) and John Deere Nursery on Hwy 119 (991-3980). Hope this helps.

I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking: what does your family grow at their Plantersville nursery?

• sinai
    15 years ago

Cyrus....Welcome to the Alabama forum....and with that out of the way I wanted to know if your folks would adopt me and if not can I still get plants wholesale?......:)
    Seriously welcome....

Paul from Alabama

• bamabamboo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the welcome yall.....I'll call around and find some wax myrtles. Thanks for the contacts.

As for my bamboo, I grow the following:
    Vivax
    Grey Henon
    Henon (Black)
    MOSO
    Robert Young
    ALLGOLD
    Red Margin
    and a few others......

I also have a few banana trees, elephant ears, cantilillies, fig trees, etc...

The question is, what DOESN'T my family grown in Plantersville.....Seriously, they have just about anything you could want.

Paul....You're welcome to call ALLEN BEARDEN about getting your plants at wholesale. I'm sure he can accomdate you.
    They are just now wrapping up their shipping season and getting ready to throw a lot of plants away....Its amazing how much they throw away.
    PH #: 334-366-4004BTW, I have a Myspace page dedicated to Bamboo.....Here is the link:
    http://www.myspace.com/bamabamboo

Thanks again for the warm welcome.....

Cyrus

• tsmith2579
    15 years ago

Cyrus, welcome to the Alabama Forum. Lots of nice folks here. We look forward to hearing more from you. I'm the person whom Jill thought might have wax myrtles. I don't grow them but look at my trade list to see if there is anything you need. - Terry Smith

Sponsored