Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roseyp8255

Let's all do rain dances....

roseyp8255
17 years ago

Ya'll i swear, i don't think it is EVER gonna rain at my house. I got all of a measly 1/4 of an inch Friday - and a few drops yesterday.

Comments (11)

• ourhighlandhome
    17 years ago

If misery loves company, here it comes! I got less than 3/4" from that "disturbance" over the weekend. I tried digging in the back yard this afternoon and it's no use - the earth is like concrete. Seems like it gets worse every year....

• roseyp8255
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I understand totally - the only place i can dig at all is the beds that are already established - the ones that i am watering on a daily basis - i am gonna have to invest in more soaker hoses!

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

OK now, on a count of 3.......1...2.....3.....dancing, dancing, everybody join in!!!! LOL
    Seriously guys, we desperately need some rain! Nelson, we didn't even get enough from that system to measure! I really don't want to see what my water bill is going to be this month. May need to take out a loan to pay it!!
    Jan

• bcb77
    17 years ago

::dances into this post, waving my arms in the air::

YES! I agree.

I am in Alabaster, and they just put us on alert because our wells are going dry. We can only water our lawns two days a week between certain hours of morning and evening.

When, oh when will we get some rain??

::dancing out like a mad woman::

• outsideplaying_gw
    17 years ago

I'm going to a class reunion this weekend, so I'll call my dancing 'rain dances', LOL. We had rain a week ago when some of you were dry, but nothing since. I'll be watering again if we don't get something today.

• bama35640
    17 years ago

Glad that I have 2 wells on my property one I get about 5000 gallons a day that pumps into the pond and the other for watering about 1000 a day that fills 2 - 275 gallon tanks to use as I need it but the pond has dropped about 4 inches (about 50000 gallons) so would love to see some here also but looks like only 20 percent chance all next week but better than the 0 percent chance right now!

• sundog7
    17 years ago

Rain dance
    Plan a picnic
    Wash the car

Nothing seems to work.

I've had about 1.5" since May 10th. Looks like another dry summer this year.

• roseyp8255
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, i totally agree - NOTHING is working - running sprinklers all day USED to do it - automatically - gonna try washing my car too, since it DOES need it really bad! :)

• mimidi
    17 years ago

I am ready to do a rain dance or whatever it takes to get some rain. Here around Dothan we are parched. Thought TD1 would bring us some rain but looks as if it is all going east of us.

Even though we use a well, watering will have to stop at some point. Just sickening.

• bamadave
    17 years ago

Well, I broke the spike on my sprinkler trying to get the stupid thing into the dry, hard ground!!! UGH!!!! I have sandy soil on a lot of my property and it dries out really fast. This is going to be a LONG Summer!

• bama35640
    17 years ago

I had 5 minutes of sprinkles this morning that really helped thought maybe burning out a stump would help bring a bunch of rain to put it out. No luck it is burning away!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm