Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can I plant now?

Posted by sweethomealabama 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 07 at 10:12

This is my first year gardening in Alabama (ok, or anywhere for that matter) and I am just itching to get more plants. But, it's gotten so hot and humid I'm afraid I'm just setting myself up for failure. Is there anything I can plant now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can I plant now?

With proper planting, and a suitable water supply, healthy container grown plants can be planted any time of the year. I've installed anything from annuals, perennials, woody shrubs and trees (all container grown) in the middle of the summer in the deep south. Mulch and moisture are the keys to success.

As a matter of fact, I got a late start in the seeding and rooting of a bunch of my own annuals and perennials this year. They are still growing up in their cell packs, and won't be ready to put out for another couple of weeks. When I plant them, they'll not skip a beat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here